cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Laundry

Pinikki36
Explorer
Explorer
We're about to become full-timers in about 1.5 months. (!!!) Just wondering what others store their dirty laundry in, and then what do you use to get your laundry to the laundry facility on-site? Like a rolling cart of some sort? I won't always have a vehicle to use, and I won't want to carry 4 people's worth of dirty laundry in multiple trips. Just looking for suggestions. TIA!
20 REPLIES 20

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
DW asked for the Splendide W/D Combo. WE had it installed and she has been extremely happy since. We store dirty clothes in a pop up then she tries to do a small load every other day or so. It is not that much of a chore when you can do it in your pajamas!
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe something like this?
WalMart Rolling Cart

Mootpoint
Explorer
Explorer
Plastic hamper which fits perfectly into one of those folding wagons CW sells.
Also works great for hauling chairs, refreshments and whatever to other sites.
Can also be used to haul the DW home after the refreshments.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We've always had on-board w/d. The first year of full-timing, I always did laundry in the CG or we would drive to Laundry on Sat. Partly because we were plugged into a 30amp extended-stay site. The Majestic models CW installed before purchase, didn't do a decent wash or dry, so I couldn't use them.

All dirty laundry went into a mesh bag with drawstring hung in the bedroom from a hook. I could easily get 2 or so loads into one bag. Then I slung it over my shoulder with laundry soap and our GD carried the quarters. We walked because DH was a work and we only have one vehicle. Wasn't hard. After wash was done, I would walk back with a clean laundry basket and toss everything into the dryer.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
We use a clothes bag and stand to collect the laundry during the week, and remove the bag & carry it (plus the laundry supplies) in our Versacart (umbroller-type utility cart).

bobjogone
Explorer
Explorer
Rubbermaid totes with lid. Helps control the smell and sturdier and holds more than laundry basket. Depends on size of campground as to how many washers/dryers they have. Wear clothes longer and wash when basket is full.

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
Do yourself a favor, if possible get a W/D in your RV. The combo style will require some adjustment from the sticks and bricks w/d. Its smaller so you have to cut the amount of clothes you stuff in it way back. It takes some getting used to but if fulltiming is going to be your lifestyle, smaller wash loads will be another lifestyle change. Plus it will save you a ton of money over time.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a boat bag, supplemented by a lightweight mesh laundry bag with drawstring. The boat bag just happened to fit in the hamper space in our last (big) trailer. Fortunately we've found a space for it in the new, smaller TT as well. ๐Ÿ™‚ Advantages of the boat bag - it makes a dandy hamper, and has handles so it can easily be toted to the CG (or town) laundry.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
We use our on board washer.

+1
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a clothes basket, the dirty pillowcases that I will be washing and sometimes a huge shopping bag from a store. Sometimes you can get a site nearby and then the others can help you carry things to & from.

lostlight
Explorer
Explorer
We use plastic garbage bags with ties as well as pillow cases to fill for our dirty laundry. We are in a truck camper and at most have 2 bags full of laundry to wash.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
the pop up mesh hampers can be found at many dollar stores. We use those and I typically do a load when one is full - about once every 5 days or so. If I have to wait longer or am doing sheets/towels, I take the truck. The hampers stay at the end of the bed when stationary and in the shower when moving.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Why are you the only one carrying all the laundry to the laundry facilities?

We used two foldup laundry bags....as there was just 2 of us.

Used the facilities at campground (if they had them) otherwise down to local laundry in town.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
We use the white plastic laundry hampers. Usually put'em in the truck & drive to laundromat. We use 2 of these which fit nicely in our 5th wheel closet. We didn't want the on board W/D due to the constant hassling with doing laundry, slow drying time, laundry smells, etc. & would have to do it almost every day or two. Both of us help & We can do two weeks worth of laundry in about 2 hours at the laundromat; then, put it away and don't have to mess with it again for two weeks.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch