cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer/dryer choices

phildebra2
Explorer
Explorer
After using Laundromats and Park washing machines for 10 years as full-timers, we've decided our next 5th wheel will have a washer/dryer. We're interested in opinions about stacked washer/dryers versus all in one units. Also, what about buying our own versus taking whatever the manufacturer provides?
14 REPLIES 14

Medico
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Splendide combo unit (coach new to us in March). Wife is beginning to get used to keeping wrinkles out. I do most of the clothes, but she does her work clothes (does not retire until Sept.) I think the key is smaller loads and less drying. Taking the clothes out when still damp seems to solve the problem for us.
GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655, FMCA #F431170

2006 Country Coach Magna, 2012 Jeep Liberty

silvercorvette
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
All in one units (the one I have anyway) wrinkles the clothes and you are limited to load size. If I had a choice, I would get a stackable pair. You can wash one load and be drying the other.

I have a Splendide all in one, if you are getting wrinkles you are doing it wrong. The owners manual warns you not to pack the clothes in too tight because it will cause wrinkles.

My Splendide is so quite I can sleep with the washer running. The unit is only 2 feet from the foot of my bed in a small closet with a door.

From what I reading comments made in this and other threads the people that do not like them do not own one, and the people that own them love them
2014 4 WD Silverado 403 CI diesel long bed dually, B&W hitch with 95 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER slimline dish, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, TST Tire Pressure monitor system.

SomedayisNow
Explorer
Explorer
We have a GE stackable. Purchased from Home Depot with delivery included.Use both at same time. Be sure it is on a separate circuit from ac & or Microwave.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We've had Majestic stacked, that we could never use because of poor installation (?), 30 amp sites, etc. Then Whirlpool/Kenmore stacked (in closet dryer sat on a shelf) that did a great job. Now, Splendide side by side front loading. I would recommend anything but Majestic.

The advantage of two units, is when washing clothes and linens on the same day, 1st load is in dryer when 2nd load is washing.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Splendide stackables, Love them!
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have Bosch stackables and love them. We've had the all in one and that was good for what it was. You trade off washing and drying time for space.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
Many posts from users, and my experience from owning one, is that the washer/dryer combo units from Splendide, the most common brand in RV's, allow only for very small loads, and will wrinkle beyond belief anything unless the clothes are rearranged between the was and dry cycles. Given a choice, I would prefer two separate units from a brand that can be serviced if needed almost anywhere and has a reputation for reliability. Kenmore, from Sears, fits that bill!

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
All in one units (the one I have anyway) wrinkles the clothes and you are limited to load size. If I had a choice, I would get a stackable pair. You can wash one load and be drying the other.

Some models of the Kenmore stacked units only allow washing or drying but not both at the same time.

bigmichael
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Whirlpool stackables. DW loves them and after our first five years of FTing without, I doubt we will go back to not having them onboard for the duration of our FTing lifestyle.
2014 F350 Lariat
2013 Excel 36 RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

Rob_Fla
Explorer
Explorer
We have stackable units, 120 Volt Kenmore Dryer, Maytag Washer.

They work great, the washer and dryer each take about a hour to complete their cycle.
2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
we had 2 sets of stacks. loved them
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
All in one has the advantage of set and leave it till done. Individual pieces have the advantage of doing two things st once. But also take twice the space.

RVNDC
Explorer
Explorer
I have an all-in-one and love it. I set it and forget it.