cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Campground Memberships do you use?

rvonthegogo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, I've been full timing it for about 4 years now. Personally I use a thousand trails and passport America together to save money on camping. I'm curious though what memberships do others use while camping.
13 REPLIES 13

Ropdoc
Explorer
Explorer
motorcycle jack wrote:
This is the worst sales pitch I've ever heard of or read ! Really?

I thought everyone was sharing what they have and use. Not trying to sell anyone a membership. If you don't like what someone is using ... well then don't use it. Seems pretty simple in my mind.

We have RPI.

2324delk
Explorer
Explorer
nice.....move

rvonthegogo
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm didn't look at it that way. I would have probably put it in the new RVer section tho if I was trying to promote. I think most fulltimers know the memberships pretty good. Anyway I love the answers so far, Its good to hear real life experiences.

2324delk
Explorer
Explorer
this is a quote from your article.

"I will not ask you for anything in return but to let the campground know exactly who referred you. Hope this Helps"

I was ok with the post until you started calling people names, someone is making themself look bad but I am not sure who its is, are you?

rvonthegogo
Explorer
Explorer
Sales pitch? I'm a little confused were you got that from. I'm sorry if my question offended you.

motorcycle_jack
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the worst sales pitch I've ever heard of or read ! Really?
John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
We FTd for 7 yrs.

We bought a 'home' park with C2C Deluxe, RPI Preferred and AOR affiliate programs via resale for $950 initial cost. After 1st year we dropped RPI & AOR (over lap with C2C, didn't use them often)
Then we had to pay our 'home' park yrly. dues ($59/frozen) and our C2C yrly dues (currently $139/yr)

We used our home park when in that area, we used C2C when possible, we used Passport America at times, we used COE CGs (Corp of Engineers), we used 'city parks', fairgrounds and boondocked.
Sometimes we stayed for a month to lower the 'daily fee' (rarely stayed any place for that long)

Staying someplace every night 365/yr we were able to control our CG fees

RESALE is the best way to buy any camping membership.
Using it frequently is the best way to maximize that cost
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
TT, ROD, RPI, Escapees. Been out since May 15 and our out of pocket has been $165 with no boon docking.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Deborahc
Explorer
Explorer
PPA and ROD . Had TT but yrly cost out weighed usage as most of campground are in out of the way places .

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
Member of TT for over 30 years so that's what we use most of the time
samsontdog:o:W

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
1000 Trails, RPI, ROD, Passport America, Escapees. So far this year, our average out-of-pocket overnight cost for a place to park is under $5 a night. Under $10 if you factor in our annual dues for the above. And we rarely boondock or dry camp.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the Thousand Trails 2 for 1 zone deal last year when we were going to be traveling in the Wash., Oregon., California area. We used it where we could and sved a ton of money although we did have to stay in some rather remote places and use our toad to drive to the places we wanted to visit. Passport America is our go to club and I have renewed every year since we started RV'ing. There has never been a year I lost money on the deal and many years I have saved at least 10 times the cost.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Only one we use is Passport America. Use it at least once on every trip.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure