cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32w switch identify

gkitchens
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32w. There is a toggle switch with the picture of a headlight right behind the controls for the levelers next to the driver's seat. I have looked in my manuals and looked on line and I can not find out what this toggle switch is supposed to do. Can anyone tell me what this switch controls? Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
That switch is to "flash" your upper running lights. best way to tell if its working is turn on your lights and have someone rock the switch while standing outside (in a moderaterly dark condition). You'll see your upper red running lights in the back and upper yellow/orange running lights in the front "flash" as the switch is rocked.

Depending on how its wired, your full headlights might need to be on. Plus there is also a possibility that your headlights will also flash, but I've heard that flashing your headlights is illegal in some states, so the switch might not be wired that way.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

gkitchens
Explorer
Explorer
I am still not sure what this switch is supposed to do. Is there a way to tell if the switch is working or not?
Gary

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fiesta wrote:
MY '11 Bounder has a "ICC" switch about the same place. When you see truckers flash their lights after pulling back into the lane, after you flashed your lights, that maybe your switch. I think mine turns the back lights off when the headlights are "ON" and vice versa. Haven't used this switch yet on my "New To Me Bounder".

My 05 32W has this switch in the same location for the same purpose. Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

gkitchens
Explorer
Explorer
The service bay lights have their own switch. I think I am just going to call Fleetwood and see if they can tell me what the switch is for.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Might be the service bay lights (not luggage), engine, gen, batteries, dump valves.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
gkitchens wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I do not have fog lights. Do you think this is for fog light if you wanted to add them?

yes

gkitchens
Explorer
Explorer
I will give it a try this weekend and see if in fact that is what the switch controls. Thanks for the information.

Fiesta
Explorer
Explorer
MY '11 Bounder has a "ICC" switch about the same place. When you see truckers flash their lights after pulling back into the lane, after you flashed your lights, that maybe your switch. I think mine turns the back lights off when the headlights are "ON" and vice versa. Haven't used this switch yet on my "New To Me Bounder".

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could it be for daytime running lights?

gkitchens
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply. I do not have fog lights. Do you think this is for fog light if you wanted to add them?

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
I beleive it might be for the fog lights, but for the fog lights to work, the head lights have to be ON and on low beams. Give it a try. The reason for headlights to be ON low beams is so you also have tail lights when using fog lights.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD