cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on how to sell my RV quickly

mags1
Explorer
Explorer
I am in a bind and unfortunately need to sell my RV, I purchased it a couple of years ago from an estate, its in great shape, I love it, but the kids are in college now and tuition is killing me. I've tried selling it on eBay twice, the first time I started the auction at $5000, it was bid up to 18500, the buyer backed out saying they couldn't get financed? took 45 days to get it resolved. The second time it sold for 17800, this time the buyer contacted me briefly then I never heard from her again, another 30 + days or so later, I still need to sell it even more ASAP. How can I find a real buyer? I dont honestly know what its worth, but I'm willing to lower the price if i could just get it sold. can anyone help with this?
22 REPLIES 22

travelzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist is a good place to find a buyer. But be very careful when it comes time for payment and signing over the title , where you choose to meet the buyer. Even if they will come to your house and agree to finish up the transaction at your local bank, credit union or title transfer office, make sure you have a trusted person with you to watch over what goes on.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I have also purchased and sold several vehicles (including RVs) on craigslist. Just be careful to screen out bogus replies. One guy replied to one of my ads via email that he would send his wife with cash the next day if I give him my address. No no no. Nothing else in the email, not a single question about the RV or phone number or anything.

I like to talk on the phone with prospective buyers before inviting them to my RV.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Explorer II
Explorer II
What year Pleasureway and does it have the generator?
NADA is a good starting point and then go to PPL Motorhomes to see if any like yours have sold and for how much.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
18,000 - 20,000
PleasureWay Excels are few and far between. Difficult to come by because they are usually snapped up immediately.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Based on the information you have supplied it appears to be worth one dollar.
If you tell us more about it I may up my estimate
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

mags1
Explorer
Explorer
Really? I figured craigslist wouldn't really be a place people looked for RV's on... I'll give it a shot.... any thoughts on an asking price? Whats too high, whats too low?

It's in good shape, recently serviced and it received a clean bill of health from the RV dealership place ... might need tires soon , I only say that because of the age, I've never had troubles with them tho. Any help is greatly appreciated.

drsolo
Nomad
Nomad
Seriously, sell it on Craigslist and list it in as many nearby cities as possible. Get it checked out by nearby mechanic and have the paperwork/checklist available. I just dont think eBay is very efficient for vehicles.
Ingrid and Dan Retired teachers from Milwaukee, WI
1992 GMC Vandura conversion

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
craigslist dot com
I've bought and sold several RVs on craigslist.
Add as many photos of critical elements as you can (I think the limit is 25), and be as detailed and honest in your description as possible.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter