cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone ever hear of a Vogue III Luxery motorhome?

trikepilot
Explorer
Explorer
I found this ad and went to our local "lemon lot" to look at the beast.
http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/4787734873.html
From the write up it sounds like it has a lot of features for its age. I have never heard of this coach builder. Anyone have any experience with these?
1995 Jamboree Sport, towing a 2005 Ford Ranger, carrying a 2014 KTM 500EXC and a canoe
24 REPLIES 24

tankcj
Explorer
Explorer
Peralko wrote:
The Vogue DPs were built on the Gillig chassis like ours. Gillig is still in business and quite helpful getting parts. We had the chassis renovated last year at Country Coach, and they had no problem getting things like bushings for the chassis.
BTW, the 3176b has 1350 ft-lbs of torque, not 1100!

One of the pictures shows that it has a Crown Chassis. I believe that is the Crown Bus Chassis company.
2008 Beaver Contessa Pacifica 425 Cat with 448 hp and 1311 torque

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
fischer wrote:
remember no slides could mean hard to sell and make sure you and your wife like it that way.
JMHO, Luxury Coaches that I've seen without slides haven't had a hard time selling at all! There still very much in demand with lots of people! There's a theory the more moving parts you have, the more troubles you will eventually have. Myself, I like slides but wouldn't hesitate to buy a luxury D.P. without one especially a older Prevost!

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
Same with me, like my no slide MH. Many times I get comments on it and a few offers of people wanting to buy it. Size of RV. and ease of set up and use weigh heavily on a lot folks.

Some want the biggest they can get, even though they may not be capable of understanding or using such a complex RV. Some want as small as possible. We have met many full timers in class B RVs. And many just like middle of the road RVs.

Pogoil.

MrWizard
X2. ^
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
fischer wrote:
remember no slides could mean hard to sell and make sure you and your wife like it that way.

I full time without slides. I want to be able to use and get to everything in my MH while traveling without having to open slides to get to it! I think they are overrated! JMHO

I have never had any problems selling any of my MH's without slides.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
1350 on the torque, better yet! I had heard Gillig was the chassis manufacturer but wasn't sure even though I've been under, on top and in just about every nook and cranny there is in the MH.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

11B
Explorer
Explorer
Great motor home in the day. I can remember being at Fishing Bridge early 80's and a dude pulled in with a brand new one. Put my fancy Pace Arrow in its place quick. No compairing my Fleetwood product or anything else built back then to a Vouge I thought. The new proud owner explained everything to me as he showed me through it.

We were outside of the Vogue talking when a brand new Wonderlodge came in and parked. All I can remember was how big the tires were on it. I had heard about them but never seen one up close.

It was a grand night for my little 28' PaceArrow parked in the middle of two of what I consider of the best coaches built and definetly to major foreerunners to all coaches built today.

Funny how you remember things, my Pace was a 79 and cost me a wopping 28,000 large, traded a boat car and custom van for it.

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
The Vogue DPs were built on the Gillig chassis like ours. Gillig is still in business and quite helpful getting parts. We had the chassis renovated last year at Country Coach, and they had no problem getting things like bushings for the chassis.
BTW, the 3176b has 1350 ft-lbs of torque, not 1100!
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi..
Just some quick history about Vogue. The original Factory was, in fact, in Sun Valley, Ca on Tuxford St. In the 90'ies Vogue was purchased by Mitchell Motor Coach back east someplace. I have been told that the Mitchell Coaches are the sought after ones. After Mitchell, Featherlight Trailer purchased Vogue and they produced Vogue's for a few years eventually using a Prevost chassis in the later years.

I bought my '96 Vogue about 13 years ago....it had roughly 40,000 miles on it. Mechanically(knock on wood) its been solid. Now, I've had to replace the typical items(water heater, Refrig, airs) but its still going strong. I have the Cat powered 3176b engine, a 350hp/1100 lb torgue engine couple with a bullet prove Allison HD4060 Trans(look up that Trans number, you'll only find it on high end coaches). I've been extremely happy with our's. If you have any questions, just PM me....I'd be happy to answer anything I can. Good Luck!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
My boss owned a new 1976 Vogue D.P. back in 1976 he bought it new! It had a Detroit Diesel in it. That RV kick started my RV career in 1976!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I actually talked to the owner of This one a few years ago. I think he was asking 69k for it. Looks like it was sold six months or so ago for a asking price of 30k. I belonged to a prima vista forum and there were a fare amount for sale when I was looking. We wanted something low profile.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
The add has two different prices, $24K and $19K! To me that indicates that the seller is cognizant of reality regarding the determination of fair market value. FMV is only determined by a capable buyer and a willing seller. The Cat needs a bath but the rig sure appears to be in pretty fair shape. Get a power train inspection done. Then progress to an RV inspection if the power train inspection is satisfactory. This will demonstrate serious intent and get you to the point where you may make an informed decision relative to the value of the unit to you. Then it is negotiation time. A comparable is likely not in the cards!
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Here is some more information on Vogue Motorhomes 1974-1998
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog