cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are all Winnebago 37F's junk?

snellville-dave
Explorer
Explorer
in our good sam camping club one person has a 2013 and another has a 2014 Winnebago 37F. both seem to have a lot of troubles with the big full length slide; hydralic system; and king size folding bed. Camping World seem to be the only place Winnebago will send anyone to for repairs. Marcus get off TV Shows and get these lousy Camping World repair shops fixed.
19 REPLIES 19

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
booty51 wrote:
I am not bashing Winni's I don't own one but I do read this site and I read problems after problems with motorhomes on this site. People are always asking how to fix and repair items on here every class and type of Mo Ho, trailer etc. My major problems has been with the Onan generator, the chevy chassis and the furnace. The rest of the unit has been pretty good. But after owning and seeing how it is built I think these manufactures could use a lot better quality control.

Well I would say most of the posters here come here for issues, not very many come on here to say everything is AOK, RV.net is just a small segment of the RV market.

Reading post here is not a gauge of over all quality, just the bad stuff here is reported.

Doug156
Explorer
Explorer
I have never owned a Winnie, but never saw Winnie owners complain any more than the owners of any other coach. I looked at a few Winnies and liked them.
Doug & Mary Jane
2014 Bay Star by Newmar
2009 Subaru Toad
Ziggy & Maxi, the hounds
Retired and loving it

booty51
Explorer
Explorer
I am not bashing Winni's I don't own one but I do read this site and I read problems after problems with motorhomes on this site. People are always asking how to fix and repair items on here every class and type of Mo Ho, trailer etc. My major problems has been with the Onan generator, the chevy chassis and the furnace. The rest of the unit has been pretty good. But after owning and seeing how it is built I think these manufactures could use a lot better quality control.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
booty51 wrote:
[COLOR=]I'm beginning to think all RV's are junk not just Winni's,, most of my post over the years has been to address problems and issues. As with almost everyone else on this forum. I know some people have the best time when RVing but it sure can try you patience and know how sometimes to get out of a RV problem when on the road . I have had some good trips and some horrible trips and there is always something else to fix at the end of a trip.

No slides and still have reliability problems.

Booty

Maybe you just hear the bad stuff, I have owned 3 Fleetwoods, a 2000 travel trailer, 2002 Flair and now a 2008 Bounder with 2 slides and so far not any major issues on all 3, just a few minor stuff but not one trip to a repair shop, as far as I am concerned Fleetwoods pre BK were built well at low cost.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Posts about RV's being junk 18,857....

Posts about RV's being "pricey" 18,858....

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator notified, hopefully they'll just close this post.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Troll!!!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
This is the OP's last post an HOUR ago at irv2 on the Winnebago board. Someone wants advise on tire pressures and this is what the OP posts. :R Most of his posts over there are the same thing, bad mouthing Winnebago. It gets old and annoying and most of us don't even believe he has friends that own Winnie's. I don't know why he has such a vendetta against Winnebago.

allegro1x

Gogill - sounds like you got the tire pressure issue squared away. If you have a fairly new 37F your just starting a new adventure. Found out two of our camping club members are still down one has a 2013 and the other a 2014 37F and they can't go to our monthly campout - full length slide; king bed ; and hydralic issues on both.
SOLD 2006 Winnebago Voyage 35A (was a GREAT unit)

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
FrontRangeRVer wrote:
Maybe the actual owners of 37F's can tell us all how junky they are. Lol. I haven't heard of any owners having problems or consider them junk.
X-2

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Itasca 37f and we have taken it back to Camping World 3 or 4 times during the year for minor adjustments.These adjustments were from using the coach on 2 major trips. We love our 37f and have no regrets.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Minnie 24F. Eleven years and 91,000 miles with no issues of any significance. Never been in a shop for repairs. All scheduled maintenance DIY.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I know several people with 37F's. They haven't had any problems.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Given that last line and the thread placement, this seems more like a Camping World bash to me. Or maybe it's meant to just kill two birds with one stone...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

FrontRangeRVer
Explorer
Explorer
It's like other brand owners getting on here and saying "we have friends that own Allegros and they are both junk". Nonsense.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
SOLD 2006 Winnebago Voyage 35A (was a GREAT unit)