Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New or Used with Warranty?

So my wife and I are planning on buying a Class A gas coach and looking at models under 35'. We are going full time and planning to put about 30k miles on the coach in the first year. We don't know if its worth spending the premium to buy a new coach...

Braking System - Stay-In-Play Duo?

I think I have my braking system narrowed down. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty LTD, will be pulling behind a gas model Class A.I'm a little afraid of the portable box units. Convenient to be able to move them, but not as reliable and consistent as the mo...

Virtual 24" Rear View Mirror

Been wanting to do this for a long time but we now have three 7” displays connected to three individual cameras for a Virtual 24” rear view mirror. Our 10-year-old coach came only with a single mono-chrome rear monitor. I’ve always wanted a better vi...

subtroll by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Oil Change

The owners manual of the Ford V-10 engine calls for oil changes at 5,000-mile intervals. I know this was previously 3,000-mile intervals and I think that's preferable but DW says I worry needlessly. Comments?

JackInAZ by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A camping near The Biltmore

Any suggestions for a good campground in close proximity to The Biltmore in NC? Kind of partial to 50 amps, water and sewer. Needs to have level sites that can accomodate 42'. Thanks!

Boondocking with residential fridge

Kinda queasy about boondocking with the residential fridge. Don't know how much battery drain will happen overnight. Yup, have 4 house batteries, but. . . .? Anyone have experience with how to get this done? I don't want to damage the batteries. All ...

heater blower motor

Have a 2009 Challenger on a Ford Chassis Last fall the heater blower motor came loose and wiped out the fan basket got a new basket an replaced. On the way home basket disintegrated again this time motor was tight so I replaced motor and basket. Well...

fourmat by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance

i,am thinking about changing insurance companies . Does anybody have Allstate insurance coverage for their Motorhome? What is your opinion of their coverage good or bad.

sfo1969 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Noise

I would like to make a change to my AC units so they are not so noisey. I have heard that the noise comes from obstructions in the air flow.I have also heard of people redoing the ceiling vents so that one side in input and the other is output and t...

JCat by Explorer III
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure

My 2000 adventurer door plate says tire pressure should be at 70lbs PSI. The tires say 110 max PSI. Any opinions on what is good pressure? We spend alot of time on highways getting from site to site.

pecooper by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure for 275/80R22.5 LR H tires

I'm sure this has been a topic many times in the Class A forum. I have been searching for quite some time but can't find a recommendation, even in the manual. Running 6-275/80R22.5 load range H tires and know the max psi recommendation is 120 psi. I ...

Hydronic leveling system

What's the old saying, if you don't think you have any problems with your RV you just don't know it yet? Boy do we know it. Now our leveling system keeps clicking in the back. Did it about 5-6 times during the night. Don't know if it's symptomati...

strange noise/vibration when downshifting

I just purchased a 1999 Itasca 32T class A from a private party. It has about 55000 miles.Just made a 700 mile trip and while traveling, noticed a terrible vibration (like a bumping) when going up a hill and the speed drops to around 55 and the trann...