Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Check Engine Light...Going on 5 years & 20,000 miles...

After 5 years (and 20,000 miles) of owning my 2007 Class C RV with an E450 chassis, I am finally committed to resolving what should have been addressed right way. The prior owner had taken the RV to a Ford Dealership service center after seeing a Ch...

T-Rex by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

1977 Dodge Sportsman RV

Hey everyoneI’m working on my 1977 Dodge Sportsman RV with the 360 engine. I have the fuel tank out to clean it, and need to replace the fuel sending unit. Problem I’m having is I can’t seem to find the right one. None of the pictures look similar, a...

Spark Plug Confusion ??

Hi, we have a 2007 Winn with a gas 8.1L Vortec engine. I want to replace the spark plugs and wires. According to the manual I am to use AC Delco 41-983 plugs. Yet when I check NAPA, Advance and O'Reilly's, all 3 claim these do not fit and list oth...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Mountain Driving

Purchased Cass A Traveller motor home Ford V10 Automatic. Would like hints for driving/barking in mountains, passes etc, all help and suggestions welcome ??????

skiwhiz by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

1977 Dodge Sportsman

Hi all,New owner of vintage MH. I have browsed a lot of the forums so far but wanted to get input and add photos. We were able to drive the Dodge 2 hours from seller to our home so engine is in goodish state. It drove fine when we test drove it and w...

Class C Ford E-450 chassis spare tire -- or lack thereof

Been asking some questions about Class C's over the past month. Here's another.Our 2019 Jayco Class C, on the Ford E-450 chassis (dually) has no spare tire. All of our travel trailers never came with them, but I always put one on (carried via bumpe...

mleekamp by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Interpreting Caster Alignment Specs

Thinking outside the box?Given: 2011 F53 Caster Spec 3.75 +/-1,75 DegreesThis specifies a range of +2.0 to +5.5 DegreesLogical Interpretation:+2.00 Degrees for 100% city driving+3.75 Degrees for 50% city and 50% highway+5.50 Degrees for 100% highway ...

Harvard by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

It fits....

For the last 7 years we have made towing a motorcycle behind our 24' class C a huge part of our RV experience. We head out seeking not only great camping but the finest motorcycle roads the west has to offer. We set up in a nice CG and roll out eve...

Start

My friend got a 08 signature keeps burning up the little seloiniond in back run box after it started a couple of times. Then after awhile it burns the big boy up

Thor taking Tiffin ???

I just read an article in Family RVing about Thor becoming a partner in Tiffin. As I read further, it appears that Thor might be acquiring Tiffin. Am I misreading the article ?

viajante by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

2000 Thor (Four Wind Infinity Motor home

The large driver's side slide-out occasionally creeps out 1/2" to 1" when driving and/or setting in driveway. It usually take about 12 hour, and seems to mostly be the lower edge, and on both front and rear ends of the slide-out equally.Before I star...

Stickboy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Light Stays On

I have an odd issue on my Winnebago 2007 Voyage 35L. After replacing the hydraulic Jacks, (which is a whole different nightmare) I found that the green light on the dash and steps generator start switches stayed on whether the generator was running o...