Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Heated bays

2015 Monaco Dynasty, new to us motorhome. It's supposed to get down to 27 here Monday. Is there anything I need to do to keep the compartments warm? The aquahot is running.Thanks all!

C20 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge protector and water filters

Just picking up my new (and my first) class c in 2 days. We have only done tent camping so we have not stayed at an RV site before. I understand I should get a surge protector for when I plug in. I went on Amazon and the price differences are pretty ...

Advice and experience with older DP Class A's

My wife and I are researching our first RV purchase. We are debating between Class A's and Class C's. After reading the other thread about this topic "Let's beat this horse again", I like the idea of buying an older DP that might be higher quality ...

floid by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

6 liter V8 Chevy Vortec question

I'm considering downsizing from a 8 ton GVWR 35' 4 season 5'er and a Duramax crewcab dually to a Forest River Sunseeker LE 2250SLE w/6 liter V8 Chevy Vortec for a number of reasons.I have rented a 32' Class C previously with a Ford V10 in it and abso...

obie311 by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

80's Chevy G van propane tank

Good Day every one.Thinking about installing a propane tank for heat on my 84 G30 Van. For those that have an older Chevy High top, what size tank do you have? The internet has showed me everything but what im looked for. ( mounts too)i know they go...

No power

My 2002 Monaco Windsor is parked at home in 0 degree weather. I turned the heat pump on 40 degrees to keep it thawed. I just went out to check and I found no power. I've got 50 amps going to the m/h and it's working. I opened my panel and the bre...

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

RV cover vs shed?

I'm still stewing around about a good parking spot for my class C. There is no off-site storage I would trust within a reasonable distance of my home.The city will not allow me to add an additional driveway entrance, which was one option. I wou...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Valve Stems and Monitoring Class C

I am replacing tires on an older 1979 Dodge F40 chassis Class C. GVWR of 11,500 lbs.The tires will eventually need to be rotated, so take that into consideration with your valve stem suggestions. With that in mind what should I be looking at in terms...

Taaadaaa! Took the plunge. Airbags on the Class A

So after much procrastination and diddling around....and being the cheapskate that I am, I ordered a set of airbags for my 95 Bounder 34j.Just what Mr. Bounder needed! And, it really was not all that hard to install. New leaves were about $1500. T...

24K plugs

Decided to pull the spark plugs after haven been in for 24K. This is in a 1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm 28ft 454 w/4L80ESurprisingly they looked very good after 24k miles....https://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/pulled-plugs-521236.htmlI did however break...

udidwht by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Aqua 400D hot water heater problem

I have a Tiffin 2015 Allegro Bus 37AP recent purchase. The manual says there is a switch above drivers side seat to activate for heat. I can’t find this switch! We are in S. Texas now and it is cold. Regular air units have kept warmuntil now 32 ...

5thhand by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Flush Transmission and Radiator?

Hey All,I have a 2006 Chateau Sport (Class C) Chevy Express RV with about 60,000 miles on it. The previous owner took pretty good care of it, and I picked it up with about 38,000 miles on it. It's always been stored in a storage unit and is in really...

LostInOz by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a class A

We have been searching for a 2019 or 2020 Forest River FR3 30’. We found several from Pops RV wondering how reputable they are.

soozcna by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio/back up camera not working

Hello. I hope someone can shed some light on what May have cause ikr is causing my radio/back up camera to go out. I started my 2013 coachmen concord and everything was working good. I heard a click and I turned it off. I stared it again and after ...

LowS by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Smell in vent when Heater is running

Smell coming from heater vent in my 29 fe freedom elite. I have looked in the vent as far as I can see. It has not ran in a while could that be the problem.Any help would be great. Thanks