Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Why did you go the 'full-timing' route...

I recently posted a request for comments from those who believe full-timing is not for them and many great replies resulted. Now, it seems we need to give the other side an opportunity to tell us why they chose to go full-timing, problems encountered...

Brake inspection and cleaning

Hi, I would like to have the brakes inspected on my MH. I have the ABS light that stays on. The MH has good braking. I have a Cayman Monaco 2003 DP 34 PDD. From my readings, I have air over hydraulic brake system and 4 disc brake.One big truck shop s...

Kidoo by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrified frame, dead batteries!!!

I have been away from this site many moons, and have been out of RVing pursuing other hobbies, but I am about to pull my 1992 Southwind out and start a "remodel". It has an issue that had plagued it when it was put away, and now must be addressed. I...

Shacklaw by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Winter living in a 2000 Fleetwood Southwind 36T

Hi everyone RV John here, new to this forum.I am planning on staying in my rv for the winter in southern British Columbia. Winter temperature here are usually above 32°F but the coldest it can go down to is about to +10°F+15°F for a couple of days a...

rv_john by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

DuoTherm 901 Series Furnace

I have an 86 Winnebago and am having an issue with the heat. It is a Duotherm 901 series, it works off the LP system. When I turn the heat on the fan will start blowing then it will light but only stays on for a couple of minutes. I can turn the the...

Adamgre by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Taking Apart Roadmaster Falcon 2 Tow Bar

Wanting to get my Roadmaster tow bar apart. On the Roadmaster web site it says to remove the round nut at the end of the inner arm so it can be taken out the end of the outer arm. My problem is how to hold the inner arm to turn the round nut off, it'...

Newmar versus Tiffin

Hello all!!! My DW and I are looking into purchasing our 1st Class A. After a tremendous amount of research, we landed on the Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH and the Newmar Dutch Star 4018. Both have the floor plan we like and the quality we expect. We've b...

Stutch by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Selection & Electrical Question

Hello, I have a rather strange question. I am looking to buy either a class C or Class A motorhome (both used). Unfortunately, there is a complicating factor: I have toured both Class A and Cass C units and, considering size, they are both acceptable...

swwyld12 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide out travel locks

My slides seem to movea tiny bit when on rough road. Rarely make noise but one will on a good bump. Thinking about adding travel locks to secure and stabilize. First, do many of you use these? Second, do you use them front and back side of slide or j...

Getting to Class A

Good morning/afternoon,Newbie here... I live in Louisiana but hve been working in Houston for the past 7 years, throwing money away in apartment rentals. While I am tired of apartments, I do not want to get into ownership of a townhouse/condo either,...

Seeyal by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Should I wax the fiberglass roof?

I recently got a class A with a fiberglass roof. I am going to wax the motorhome with McGuire's Flagship Premium Marine Wax. Should I also wax the roof? Will the fiberglass roof last just as long, if it doesn't get waxed?

keyman44 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

AGS issues

I have owned my 2005 Monaco for about 1.5 yrs. I have been doing some more tailgating and dry camping lately and have been using generator to recharge my batteries etc. I have no idea why but I cannot get the AGS to function. I have to constantly che...

Code reader - Check Engine - Scangage - Silverleaf or OBDII

Hi, I did some reshearh and I am a bit confuse on what I should use to read the CEL Code on my MH. Does the scangage works in and reads the codes? I also read than the Silverleaf is a good system but would not read all the codes, and from what I have...

Kidoo by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold issue once again

Well, here we go again! Norcold 1200LRIM frig on the blink again. Cooling unit replaced in February 2011. Recall box installed at that time. Recall overheat sensor failed summer of 2013 and replaced under warranty with Norcold revision "E"! Now I hav...

lj2654 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

failed outlet

Wife decided to clean the carpet and plugged the rented, heavy duty, carpet cleaner into the outlet in the motorhome kitchen. It ran 5 minutes and stopped. Checked breakers, all other outlets work fine. No smoke or smell, connections look fine. ...