Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dually valve stem extension on Mercedes Sprinters

I recently bought a LeisureVan Unity - Class B motor home on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis and cannot check or add air to the rear dually wheels without taking off the wheel covers. I have found several companies that sell a metal valve extensi...

Storage question

This is our first year storing our MH. We are in Canada and of course MH will not be in use. So our question is, as this has been mentioned to us. Do we store our MH with Hydraulic jacks down to take pressure off of tires? This did not cross our ...

Burwoods by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

L480E Transmission

I have a 34 ft Georgie Boy Swinger with a 6.5 new Hummer Diesel engine pusher. The transmission is an L480E electronic shift. Having lots of problems with 4th and overdrive not shifting and not holding. I am Going through all the basics such as check...

Jiggs by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm New in Here

Hi all! My name is HannahKid. I'm happy to join http://forums.woodalls.com/ Wish to learn and discuss

Selling Class A to Buy Class C advice

We're thinking about selling our 34' Class A Coachmen and buying a 30' Class C. Really want the overhead bunk for our kids. For what I have seen so far I like the Holiday Rambler Atlantis best. What other brands and models should I be looking at?Here...

How close is too close

Someone posted awhile back about brake lines being too close to the exhaust manifolds causing the fluid too boil on long grades and loss of brakes so I went under mine and looked and found mine were about 1 1/2 ins away from my headers. I also notice...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Routing Info, Bend to Livermore, CA

I may need to swing by Livermore, CA and Bakersfield, CA on our way back to Tuscon and have question regarding the route.Since I abhor driving through large cities I will do my best to skip them but for the leg from Bend to Livermore it seems it will...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Kohler Genset Muffler

Did a forum search but nothing specific came up. Anyone have a source for a muffler for a Kohler 4CKM21 generator? I'd like to DIY this project rather than pay the RV shop, but I can't seem to locate the part on the 'net. I saw a Generac part that lo...

jplante4 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pleasureway plateau XL and pursuit

We went to Hershey thurs and looked at all the class B's. We've been looking for the last few years and were happy with a Sprinter Leisure travel spirit FS or a Roadtrek CS. My DW after seeing the Pleasureway plateau Xl and Pursuit loves the dry ba...

Pleasure Way Promaster Lexor

If you have a Facebook account you should be able to have a preview of the 2015 Lexor based on the Promaster 3500 at PW on Facebook. Nice unit. Looks like a blend of the previous Lexor and Excel. Anxious to see the detailed specs at the Hersey show.W...

Norcold vs. Dometic Fridge

For whatever reason, every rv I've ever had has had a Norcold fridg and I've been very happy with them. My current 1200 RIM is just great but now we're looking a coach with a Dometic....no idea what model, but it's the size of the 1200, side by side...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

1984 P30 Chassis - Cab Heat/Def operation

With the cold weather settling in, I have a stupid question about the heat and defroster operation on my '84 Allegro. It does NOT have cab air, so I just have 2 levers:- One is hot/cold and operates a valve that controls the circulation of coolant th...

DEF in the winter

My wife and I purchased a new diesel motorhome in February. While it is our 5th diesel in 22 years, it is our first that uses DEF. Although it isn't critical to me, living in Florida, I am wondering what you northerners do in the winter, and likewise...

eheading by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A or Class C?

I posted in Class C section already. We're thinking about a motorhome, either Class A or Class C. Not sure which one is the best? We want something used around $25-$30K. Any recommendations or buying advice? We've had a 23ft TT for the last 3 yea...

fireplace

I have a 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35f. I really like the coach for DW and I but the fireplace under the TV is a real piece of crap. Have installed second blower-heater motor for second time now its bit the dust. I like the heat part to knock the chill of ...

blknomad by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes