Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

My experience improving handling (long)

There have been a few threads on this topic so rather than hijacking one of those I decided to go over my experiences over the last 3 + years with two different class c motorhomes.The first motorhome was almost 29 ft long, with 181" wb, weighed abou...

mikebo by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2000 winni adventurer roof problem

Here is a weird one. We are currently crossing Newfoundland on a three week holiday. We were up at the north end looking for icebergs (which we found). Crossing a very barren area the winds got very high one day. Suddenly we heard a noise at the rear...

winniman by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How old is too old?

We're looking to buy a used motorhome (our first.) I'm leaning toward an older higher-end MH, such as Newmar, in order to get the features we would like within our budget.I would like the MH we buy to last for 10 years and be reliable if we give it ...

toad hitch

I have a hitch on my newly acquired Alfa Gold. I want to tow my 2001 Dodge 2500 pickup that had a hitch mounted on the front, (yes front). I want to know if I can tow the Pickup with a tow hitch to tow hitch arrangement with the ball mounted on the M...

skier842 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

H.W.H. Control Panel

Duplicate posts , please post responses HereCould anyone help me?Where is the location of H.W.H. Air Leveling Control Box on Country Coach Allure? I have the repair manual from H.W.H. but C.C. manual doesn't give location of control box.Doug! I ha...

Tow bar help!!

We have a 94 dodge Dakota. We would like to tow it but need to know the best way. I've come across tow bars that would mean dinghy towing. Is this the best way for this type of small truck. Our motor home is a 37' holiday rambler. Any advise?? Is it ...

belsy88 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Foam Insulation Under Cab for heat??

Hello Campers! Took my RV to a local HIGHLY recommended shop to get their opinion about the poor airflow in my 2007 Ford E450 Winnie Outlook. He said that he has seen rigs come in with Spray Insulation under the cab area...under the cab. He said he s...

How long should tires last before they dry rot?

We just picked up an immaculate and well kept 2010, 25ft Chateau. I was so impressed with the condition of it, it was a no brainer to buy it. But, after I got it home, I noticed the tires are severely dry rotted. The rig has 10k miles on it and ha...

Mid atlantic beachfront CG's?

Hi all , looking for a CG in the mid Atlantic that is actually on or at the beach. The only one I know of is Castaways in OC MD and frankly after riding though it I wasn't impressed for the $100/night. Anyone know a nice CG on the ocean? I could go a...

Effy by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Extra propane tank

Just bought a 5 lb extra propane tank to run my external stove.My question is any recommandation on where to carry it, obviously inside and closed basement doors are out of the question.I am left with milk crate in the back ladder or in the sewage co...

C350amg by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

RV breakdown advice

We are fairly new to Rv'ing and are planning a 2 week vacation soon where we will be pretty far from home. We have a class A Fleetwood Flair, 35ft. What have other peoples' experiences been if your huge motorhome breaks down? Can just any tow truc...

dsa3778 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear Camera hook up???

I have an old Voyager model AOM 78 in the motor home. Trying to figure out the power source. No manual for it. As I recall there are 4 wires, red, yellow, black and blue that feed into a connector to the back of it. One must be ground, another power,...

Would like to haul my ATV if possible

Hello All,Me and the wife are going on vacation here very quickly up to Yellowstone and would like to bring my Honda Rubicon with us, it weighs 600 pounds dry, maybe 650 ready to ride, anyhow, anyone haul one of these behind their motorhomes without ...