Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV antenna

I have a King antenna that is at least 10 years old. Reception is not great. Would there be much improvement if I purchased a newer model, the King OA8300

JCMack by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

RV batteries...how many?

The wife and I are getting a Damon Intruder 2001 RV in a week (36 ft). It has a 7000W gas generator. Here's the catch...and the reason for my post....the wife has been in an electric wheelchair (which uses qty 2 12v 35A batteries ( maybe 120V 2A for ...

rcyoung3 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Post subject: How do I fix a black tank leak?

There is seepage at the top of my black tank right where the toilet drain hooks to the tank. It leaks from the bottom side of the flange where it meets the top of the tank. I have some ideas but am not sure of the best path. thanks in advance, Bob

bob_b by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

1998 P30 Chevy 454 - Stalling at interstate speeds

Hello,We have a 1998 Fleetwood Southwind 32V. I believe this is the P30 Chevy 454 chassisToday while cruising about 65mph on the interstate, the RV stalled. No engine lights came on. I still had power to my guages, a/c fan, etc, but rpm dropped to...

bfrein by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer switch

Hello When you are plugged in at an RV park should your transfer switch be humming. I just had a new 50 amp head put on my cord and now i am not sure if it used to hum before. Thank you for any help ...

hogbob by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

discolored/stained carpet

we are buying a 01 Monaco Dynasty, and in the master closet and in front of the closet around the areas to lift to get to eng. and exhaust areas the tan carpet is black. Could it be exhaust leaks coming thru to discolor it? We have are just now look...

Electric Leveling Jacks

I am in search of an RV electrical guru. My leveling jacks quit working and I have an obsolete leveling system (Power Plus Automatic levelers), so parts are not available.My mechanic said "It needs a new control box" but he couldn't locate one anywhe...

Finding propane!!!

We are full time and are heading north thru Santa Fe. Every gas station we go to only has the propane exchange tanks. Can’t find the big tank so they can fill us. Gas buddy shows if a station has propane but doesn’t specify what kind of propane they...

DC_MC by Explorer II
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Carefree Omega Awning

My 2000 Class A ... came with a CAREFREE OMEGA 1 ... awning / window shade.I think this system is AWFUL ... and would not wish it on anybody ... and when it locked up ( on it's own ) .... it ripped up my slide cover / window cover ... and tore up man...

Can anyone tell me...

Does a 2017 Winnebago Sunstar LX, Ford chassis, come with a factory installed rear trac bar. For health reasons, I'm unable to crawl under and look. I suspect that there are no factory installed rear trac bars...but not sure. And, I'm of the opinion ...

5th wheel

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 29645342

01 Holiday Endeavor Diesel ignition problem

I have a problem. When I turn the key nothing happens on the dash where all the gauges are. House batteries and the Cranking batteries are fully charged and the switches are in the on position. The alternate switch that helps crank with use of the ho...

skinden by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Patio Awning Replacement Fort Wayne Indiana Area

We are in the city campground in Fort Wayne and need to replace our Dometic A&E electric patio awning (top is ripping after 15 years..). Can anyone recommend a mobile installer in this area? Prefer on-site install. Plan to use Tough Top material whic...

Minimum Solar Power needed for LED lights and Water Pump

What is the minimum amount of Solar I could get away with to keep my battery charged enough to run a Class C with all LED lights and a water pump. I do not have, or need an inverter. I would prefer to never use my loud, stinky generator. As is, I can...

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes