Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Charging batteries with the engine

Hi all. I have a 2011 triple e senator 25d. Great motor home. E450 v10. Just curious, what is the output of the alternator vs the standard converter?It seems to charge the house batteries off the engine alternator very quickly. Would that be nearly ...

Redram99 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Redoing Captain Chairs in Monaco Dip

I know allot of you have reupholstered your Captain chairs.. We were thinking of doing a vinyl that is soft feeling and looks like our ultra leather that is on our coach.. Any pros or cons.. We have a 2007 Dip.Thanks in advance.. Also, we are in the ...

Paints by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Overdrive lockout on ford e450

Does anyone know if it’s possible to wire in a switch to lockout overdrive?It would be great to be able to drop the tranny to drive in advance of a hill. I feel it would put off shifting to 3rd significantly. This would make cruise control much more ...

Redram99 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C problems

Hey guys, had a new Airxcel 4800 series AC put in the Class A in June. Its having the same issues as the old AC. I have a dual AC system and I noticed that when the system is on cool the front ac blows warm air. After messing with it i figured out th...

In Winter Storage, Should I Run Engine?

The MH is currently sitting at RV campgrounds with both battery disconnects on. I was told by previous owner he would start his occasionally during storage. I thought this isn't good unless you drive it also. Should I just let it sit or periodically ...

rowekmr by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Lexington

Are longer - 29' - B+'s still made? We have a 2011 Lexington by Forest River we really like and would like to get a new, similar one.

Anyone using this one?

Tire Monitor SystemWe have been using a Tire SafeGuard system for 7 years and are ready to replace it. We have replaced batteries and some sensors over the years but are just not willing to put more money into it. Wondering if anyone is using the o...

rv safes

Costigan's manufactured safes for RV, as in my 2000 Country Coach.Does anybody know if they exist? Their phone number on my 2000 materials is disconnected and I don't find them on the internet.The safe opened years ago but does not open now when I (t...

Treefrog by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Counter Top Convection Ovens hey or nay

Hi,We have just upgraded from 16 yr old travel trailer to a new to us 2009 Tioga. Has anyone carried a counter top convection oven with them? Lighting the small oven has become difficult to impossible for me and I was thinking of getting a counter to...

Brake fuse box hidden

Hello,I have a 2009 Sport Coach elite with a freight liner chassis, my running lights and brake light stopped working. On my dash it is saying check brake fuse. I can not find where brake fuse is located. Once RV is running I have no dash warning unt...

tcbkenpo by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

damage from sinking in mud

It has rained in northwest Georgia we have flood watch for 4 days i have a gravel drive went to get new tires I sunk deep mud in dulies i do not damage was doneI am permanently disabled had the 40 foot monacoo a couple weeksI need help can anyone...

Progressive Insurance questions

As I do every year, I check with numerous insurance companies to get competitive quotes. I have a very good driving record with zero claims. As a point of reference, I have never found any company that could beat my existing company in the last 5 yea...