Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Winnebago Sightseer Exterior Engine Hood

Hi, I have 2013 Sightseer, model 33C. I am having a lot of trouble lining up the exterior engine hood so that it aligns with the sides of the rig and latches well. There seems to be a lot areas to adjust but every time I make adjustments it makes ...

Dr_Jay by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical Gremlins

Here's a troubleshooting conundrum, from three seemingly unrelated issues occurring with our 20111 Itasca Sunova on the Ford F-53 chassis.One day the power to one of the slide rooms went totally dead as we tried to retract it. We turned off the engin...

C_J1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Inflation Dilemma

I recently had a stem replaced on one of my real duallies due to a slow leak. When the guy inflated my tires he set the rears for 80PSI and the front for 65PSI. He said all Class Cs should have 80PSI in the rear but the sticker from Thor says 65PSI...

Retuning diesel motor for more torque and hp

I have a 2013 Serrano FRED with the Max Force 7 engine on a Workhors WD22 Chasis. Overall I’ve been very happy with this setup except when it comes to climbing. Even on small grades the max speed drops to 35 mpg or below. This motor is tuned to 230 h...

Gibsenca by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 Output Shaft Assembly failure

Extreme vibration suddenly set in with a ferocious roar at speeds above 45mph while traveling down I-95 South. Discovered five of seven bolts were out of the emergency brake assembly at the transmission connection. Replaced bolts, but damage to cas...

New class C partial remodel

I don’t post very often, but I sure spend a lot of time reading here. Sort of like cheap romance novels I guess;)DW and I have a new Thor Four Winds or something like that about 22 feet long. They say it’s an entry level Motor Coach. For us in the co...

Onan Generaor - 10 yr old

We have a Onan Marquis Gold 5500 watt generator. It is 10 yrs old. I service oil and air filter. We have never had a problem with it. It has 500 hrs run time. When it used to start it would crank then run smoothly almost immediately. Now when c...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking sound in front a/c - heat pump

I was out camping this past week and the temperatures were pretty cool. I had been running the heat pumps, front and back. The last night we were there, the front unit began clicking. It sounds like one of the fans hitting something as it's rotati...

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to store sewage hose on a class A

On truck campers and class C R V's you have the bumper to store the hose in there is not a bumper on most class A motorhomes they are built into the body. So where do you store the sewer hose I was thinking about a 6 foot piece of P V C and putting...

HWH Leveling System

My solenoid to my left rear HWH hydraulic jack went out! When I was in St. George, UT. A mobile RV mechanic came out to me and told me that my solenoid that operates the HWH hydraulic jacks is more apt to go out after time if they go up and down the...

Slide rooms and Leveling

I was reading the manual that came with the 2002 40 foot DP. It implies to extend slides no matter how unlevel the motorhome is and after extending the slide rooms to then level the coach. I would think you would want the motorhome at least within...

Nexus Ghost 36DS Experiences?

HelloWe are researching Super Cs and are wondering if there is anyone on the forum who can share their experience? Mostly interested in reliability, ride, and quality of the Nexus Ghost 36DSThank you in advance

LaszloP by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ISL DPF, frequent regens

Our 2007 ISL 425 with DPF (no DEF) has been doing frequent regens on this trip. Previously we would get a regen maybe once in a 7,000 mile trip. This trip, we've had two in the first 5,000 miles. In the past few days of traveling, we have gotten a...

Best way to use Inverter

When you arrive at a national park campground there no hookups the inverter on my 02 Monaco has two switches like off and on There is a circuit breaker labeled inverter. if you are not using the inverter to invert 12volts up to 120 vac just liste...