Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

passenger side mirror

Has anyone had to replace the side mirrors on a Class A RV? Would this be a DIY project? We have located the part needed, but are still wondering if we can replace the mirror ourselves or should we take it to an RV repair shop. Thanks for any help.

storing dinnerware

New to motorhome arena.Wondering if there is any advice on storing nice dinnerware for travel in DP.Have lots of experience with TT where we used Correlle plates that survived just fine stacked on top of each other, even though they got bounced aroun...

NSA Ready Brake Issue

Have been using a Ready Brake system to tow my jeep behind my class C and am ready to switch to something else. I am finding that when I am going around a curve in the road (not corner), like down a mountain pass, and apply the brakes in the motorho...

1998 Allegro Bus Kwikee steps

Steps will not close. Door magnetic switch is functioning. Light under steps remains on always. When measuring voltage at the magnetic switch I get 0 volts when door is open and 0.6 volts when door is closed.Should I not be getting 12 volts at switch...

Flooring Installation

Hello,I have a 2004 HR Endeavor 40PRT. I'm looking to get a hardwood laminate installed. Looking at the main slide, I think it just drags along the floor. One service center said they would need to install rollers to keep the floor from getting scrat...

hries by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

travel route suggestions

Going to Apache Junction AZ this fall from Tecumseh NE (southeast). Have car route picked out through KS on 54 to Tucumcari 40 to 180 south. Can we handle our 33 ft. Bounder on this route?? Any suggestions appreciated.

Florida Everglades and Big Cypress National Forest

Anyone take the loop road (Rt.94) off of Rt. 41 (Tamiami Trail) in a Motorhome. Expect to be on the Trail today, coming from the east and thought the loop might be worth some extra sightseeing, along the way.Just wanting to be sure it's all pavement ...

Newbie - '90 Holiday Rambler Limited DP Power Window

I'm looking for help on a 1990 HR Limited we're seriously considering, and really like, but have some concerns.It's been well cared for, but has some issues that make us afraid it will empty our wallets. If we can figure out how serious these are, we...

JorgeS by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie - '90 Holiday Rambler Limited DP Water Tank Monitor

I'm looking for help on a 1990 HR Limited we're seriously considering, and really like, but have some concerns.It's been well cared for, but has some issues that make us afraid it will empty our wallets. If we can figure out how serious these are, we...

JorgeS by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Remove Boots from Onan Spark Plugs?

I know this sounds silly, but I don't want to mess anything up. I am trying to replace the 2 spark plugs on my Onan Marquis Gold 5500 amp generator. The spark plugs are inset on each end and sort of difficult to access. So far when I reach in with...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

1997 Residency

Does anyone have any information on this old motor home? Built by Thor on a Ford chassie ? WE bought it at a really good price and are renovating it but we have very little information on how anything works. We are newbies.

Bigfoot leveling and tire leveling help

Hello all. New to RV'ing. We recently bought an '02 Georgie Boy Landau and it has the Bigfoot leveling system on it. I understand how to use it (literally a push of a button), but I wanted to ask about using blocks underneath it and the tires for ...

Fire extinguisher

Our 2006 Class C Itasca has the original 2-1/2 pound fire extinguisher, a Kidde non-refillable model that, I understand, has been recalled. So I'm looking at replacing it.The simple thing would be to get another 2-1/2 pound extinguisher, but they ar...

In the market !!

Hello ~ In the market for a Class C... coming from a 19foot Sunline TT . We have fallen in love with the Tiffin Class C.... $$ It would be a stretch... but a possibility. That being said .. what others should we consider. If you could mention pros...