cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish Issue

Upstate
Explorer
Explorer
I have brought by Dish box from the house to use in the MH. It's for a single tv,VIP211K, and I'm having issues. Tells me I am trying to view unathorized programing which isn't the case. I get 118 and 119 sat. I get a good picture, but then it keeps tell me unathorized channel..Once I hit the up or down button it comes back. Please help. Do I need a new box?
11 REPLIES 11

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I just went through this with mine. It was as Bert said, the reciever had gone inactive. Called Dish, they "sent it a signal" and everything worked again.

This is not related to what sats you are locked onto, or the status of your account.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure you have a clear signal (no trees, clean satellite dome). I have to call DISH every month if we don't use the unit. Our receiver is the VIP211k. Generally it works OK, it just goes dormant if not used monthly.

When I switched from DIRECT TV to DISH, I had to buy a program to download that was sent from King Dome ($400) so that the Satellite could take the DISH signal. But, since we have DISH at home, the additional receiver is only $5 a month vs. $70 a month I was paying DIRECT (the motorhome came with DIRECT TV receivers).

If we ever order a another motorhome, I will not have a Satellite installed. They are just too glitchy and most RV sites have cable. And, we have a wonderful TV antenna. If all else fails, it's a DVD night.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

1950panman
Explorer
Explorer
you should have..110/119...for your programing..re-aline dish,,if still a problem call service..tell them u are mobile ..lane

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
garry1p wrote:
Unless something has changed you should be on the 110 & 119 satellites.
X-2
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer
Unless something has changed you should be on the 110 & 119 satellites.
Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
What did Dish say when you called them??
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
118 and 119 is a bit odd. The primary satellites are at 110 and 119 for most of continental USA service. Try running the check switch test in the set up - point dish menu to match the receiver to the antenna and associated digital switches in the antenna. The switch test will confirm the satellites the antenna can see. If you home antenna is a different switch configuration then what you have in the coach the receiver will not know how to interact and control the antenna which can cause strange things to happen such as what you are having.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
I would just call Dish. Ask for the RV department. Those guys are always helpful. Whenever I moved my box, they helped me out and whenever I move, I call and give them my new address and they give me the correct alignment numbers. Give them a try. Good Luck
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
Is the receiver one that has not been active for a while. If it has not been hooked up for 25-30 days, it will go inactive and you would have to call dish to have them wake it back up by sending it a signal. Also, try to get to channel 100 or 101, those are channels that are always on, no subscription needed. they are the dish channels that explain all the components and stuff like that. Also good questions to check out by Vegasfoodguy. Hope this may help. Happy trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

wtravlr1
Explorer
Explorer
That started with me, and I did the same, pressing the up/down channel, finally turned out the box was going bad. I just called and got a new one.

vegasfoodguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my vip722k, I use 110 and 119 satellites, West coast. What kind of Dish are you using? I would hook it up back in the house, to see if something is out of kilter. Are you using an automatic dish? Was it set up up for Dish or Direct?

Terry
Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee and Jeep Wrangler, Brake Buddy.