cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dyna Beads or Centramatic Wheel Balancers

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
OK looking to use either one of these products, my 19.5 tires have some unbalance issues, what really works best...

I know the beads are cheaper but the Centramatic's are a 1 time purchase

:C
26 REPLIES 26

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Equal beads in our last two MH's and has worked, I noticed on this last set of tires with Equal my hand wouldn't get numb even after 2-4 hrs of driving-We are very satisfied & 6 yrs from now when tires are do we will use it again-Rich
pauperspride.blogspot.com

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
A bag of beads is 10 bucks. Re-use? C'mon.......

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Internal materials do not so much balance the wheel-tire assembly as they serve to dampen the effects of imbalance. With respect to ride and feel, this often works better than trying to balance.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rvis2005
Explorer
Explorer
This year I had the tire shop remove the beads and balance traditionally.(with weights) I like the ride so much better. Tommy
Tommy and Kristi Watters
Coppell, TX

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:

timmac wrote:

I did some research and found Dynabeads are only reused if the tire guy does the job correct and not spill the beads on the floor.

I can't believe that deduction took research. So what happens to any type of tire balancing method if the tire guy DOES NOT do his job correctly? No product will offset a poor tire installer.

Was reading this on other forums about reusing Dynabeads, what happens you leave the RV at a tire shop and hope the service writer tells the installer to move the beads from old tires to new tires, I see a issue here with this being forgot or just not done right.

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
I am running Balance Masters, which use Mercury instead of beads. The only problem I have is that the Mercury tends to flatten out at higher speeds and looses some of their balancing properties. I doubt this would ever be a problem with any of the coaches you are referring to, especially with the larger tire sizes. (smaller tire spins faster) I will say that I had a rivering problem with my original Goodyear tires. This problem actually was corrected over time, once the Balance Masters were installed. So there are some secondary benefits.
IRV2

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
wolfe10 wrote:

Would like to see in writing any tire manufacturer who recommends or even approves of beads, golf balls, etc inside the tire for balance.

I would like to see in writing any tire manufacturer that recommends Centramatic balancers.

Michelin does say this about internal balancing:
The use of internal balancing materials (such as powders, liquids, gels and/or beads) in
MICHELINยฎ Tires does not automatically nullify the warranty agreement covering the tires. If the material has been tested and certified by the component manufacturer as being safe for use in tires, the warranty agreement will remain in effect, provided that the tire is otherwise properly utilized and maintained. If, however, it is determined that the material adversely affected the inner liner and/or the performance of the tire, then the warranty agreement may be nullified.

timmac wrote:

I did some research and found Dynabeads are only reused if the tire guy does the job correct and not spill the beads on the floor.

I can't believe that deduction took research. So what happens to any type of tire balancing method if the tire guy DOES NOT do his job correctly? No product will offset a poor tire installer.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
OK looking to use either one of these products, my 19.5 tires have some unbalance issues, what really works best...

I know the beads are cheaper but the Centramatic's are a 1 time purchase

:C

From all my research Air soft BB's, from Wal*Mart, will work and cost less than any other product.

The only time anyone had an issue was when they did not use enough for the large out of balance tires.

Just a thought,

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
As of so far the Dynabeads are used more here, I wonder if that had to do with price, less than a $100 all 6 tires, I have found a set of 4 Centramatic's for my chassis for $340.00 plus delivery.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
For many years, I would have the front tires spin balanced ON THE COACH and really did noting on the rears.

When I made the decision to go with Centramatics, having a permanent solution to balance on both axles just made sense.

Would like to see in writing any tire manufacturer who recommends or even approves of beads, golf balls, etc inside the tire for balance.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
If you get the RV Specific DynaBeads, you DO NOT need any special valve core. Other DynaBeads products, and some of the balancing powders, do require special valve cores which are put in as part of the installation process.

I run the RV spec Dynabeads in my 19.5 tires and I had issues with them getting into the valve cores when checking the pressure so I recommend getting the filtered valve cores.

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1, I went with the Centramatics on the larger wheels because of feedback from a couple of over-the-road semi drivers. In my own little way of thinking, I was concerned that a larger/heavier rig may not get the benefit that my previous much lighter rig got from the beads. PLUS++++ the wife didn't know what to get me for my birthday!
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

tanman32225
Explorer
Explorer
Dyna Beads is my choice. I run them as do a lot of other people in our motorcycles. Dynabeads are the cheapest and can be used over and over.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I am a firm believer in good old lead weights.

However if I had to use a different method

Centramatic would be my next choice

Followed by Dyna Beads

And I would avoid all manner of powder.

X-2. My feelings exactly. I currently have good old fashion lead weights on my rig.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€