cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended warranties

palazzo36
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting ready to purchase a extended warranties on a 2013 palazzo. Any one has any suggestion on who will cover a rv or suggestion submit them to me I have check with GoodSams and another. If you have one and thinks it a good plan please let me know.
Thanks
Palazzo 36
15 REPLIES 15

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Question about putting the annual insurance premium aside for repairs is simple. Can you afford to pay $15,000 for a blown engine or $10,000 for a transmission. $3,000 for a refer?

If so by all means put the money aside. Very few retired persons have that kind of wealth. It is called insurance in the event you need it same as if your house burned down. I pay house insurance annually and hope i never use it.

I also think many of those advising to put money aside are blowing smoke. If they suffer a break down they'll be walking to a motel not a RV garage.

Make your own decision, can you afford a major breakdown?

nbargolf
Explorer
Explorer
At lot of post on the forum state better to put that money in an account and pay repairs out of it. Most say you will be ahead.

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
palazzo36 wrote:
I am getting ready to purchase a extended warranties on a 2013 palazzo. Any one has any suggestion on who will cover a rv or suggestion submit them to me I have check with GoodSams and another. If you have one and thinks it a good plan please let me know.
Thanks
Palazzo 36

I have heard of slide out issues on those motorhomes so you better get a good extended warranty..

I have witnessed said slide issues when I went to look at one at a nearby dealer. After that and doing some research, I struck that model line off my list.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
In my humble opinion, they can be valuable. The extended warranty companies that i needed to deal with all say "take it where you want to get it fixed". Then an adjuster arrives and tries to put used parts on the vehicle. They then deducted the cost of the used part from the new part and I had to pay the difference.
If you can get the salesman to put in a clause that they can only use factory new parts, it would be a point in your favor.
Good luck with your decision.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Consumers Reports does not recommend them.

Norm___Deb
Explorer
Explorer
Don't purchase the warranty!!!!!!!
Norm

2001 Monaco Knight 38' DP Triple Slide
2001 4WD Blazer in back

"Everything I will ever tell you will be 100% the truth, or would be 100% the truth if it actually happened."

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
As I have posted many times these things are not warranties. Only the OEM can offer a warranty. They are service contracts and in many states it is illegal to advertise them as warranties. Chose very carefully as some are good but many have too many loopholes. Read all of the fine print before you buy because if there are issues your legal options are very limited as compared to a warranty. claims paid = profit down, claims denied = profits up. If they won't let you read the contract before purchase run.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
WholesaleWarranties.com.
They represent multiple plans, and I have been very happy with their service as an agent when assistance was needed.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
GSESP, I'm sure the dealers price will be a lot more. Get a quote from both. Never had a claim denied in 8 years.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I have a GS warranty. They paid with no dispute to replace my refer working parts and my slide rollers. I paid deductible.

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Our dealer handles Star which is Interstate National out of Atlanta. We got the Diamond policy which covers everything including the tires.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've used Prizm/XtraRide now ONLY available thru dealers..first class outfit. If you're not going thru a dealer, give Jeff Shelton at Wholesale Warranties a call...we bought our current policy with him and have been pleased with the coverage. They just paid to have our Norcold 1200 cooling unit replaced with the Amish unit. Yes, you have to jump thru some hoops, but that's normal. We've been satisfied with their claim reps and the outcomes.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Our is thru Wholesale Warrenties, and have good luck using it even getting reimbursed for a repair that was not pre approved.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
palazzo36 wrote:
Thanks
Palazzo 36

I have heard of slide out issues on those motorhomes so you better get a good extended warranty..