cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hankook comparable to Michelin

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I will be needing new tires in a few months. I would like to consider Hankooks, as an alternative to my current Michelin XRVs I have hit a snag. My current tires are 235/80R-22.5. I have done searches and been told that Hankook does not make a comparable tire.

Any thoughts or recommendations ?
25 REPLIES 25

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
My 2012 Explorer came w/ Hankook's and they seam to be good. I will consider Hankooks next time I need to replace the Mich's on the dutchstar!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We put six new Hankook tires on our 35' GeorgieBoy and couldn't be happier.
What a difference in handling and ride from the original Goodyear tires.
Last summer we put 4 new Hankook's on our toad--2001 Chevrolet Tracker.

jurzbill
Explorer
Explorer
I have been running hankook tires for 2 years now and totally satisfied. I have experienced a more smoother ride with them. And you can't beat the price.
2004 ksdp 39ft
toad:2014 Ford CMax
:W
FMCA F359471, Newmar Kountry Klub 17645
bill, linda cary grant, carley.
chance and chase are with us in spirit and travels with us where ever we go.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
mpierce wrote:
timmac wrote:
I just put all 6 new Hankooks {19.5} on my RV and the drive is smooth, no reason to pay twice the price for American name tires that are probably made in China anyways..

Michelin is German. LOL

Our local farm supply store uses Hankook a lot. Seem like a good tire. Korean I believe.

And they are going to build a 800 million dollar plant in a Tennessee. Ground breaking this year and completed in 2016. I have 19.5 Hankook on my rv and 22s on my Suburban.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
I just put all 6 new Hankooks {19.5} on my RV and the drive is smooth, no reason to pay twice the price for American name tires that are probably made in China anyways..

Michelin is German. LOL

Our local farm supply store uses Hankook a lot. Seem like a good tire. Korean I believe.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Check with FMCA for their Michelin buying plan. I think they are about $436 for that size. I checked because that is my size.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my 235 80 22.5 Michelin with 255 70 22.5 Hankooks.Plenty of spacing between duals,speedo off about 1.5 mph at 65 mph.Great tire and much cheaper.

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
When we first got our Winnebago Journey in 2005, it had the 235/80 XRV's. My research and all the tire shops revealed that 275/70's could replace them. I got Hankook AH-12's in 275/70/22.5 and they were great tires and lower priced than Michelins, Bridgestone or Goodyear.

You can check the tire specs on the web sites for each of those manufacturers and compare the actual tire tread widths, diameters and circumference to make sure you won't have problems with fit.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, they make a much better tire and the comparable size is AH-12 in 255/70R22.5 . You could probably move up to 275/70R22.5 and increase your carrying capacity by several ton, or reduce the air pressure to give a better ride.

Hankook AH-12 Regional tire

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
In now way shape nor form are Hankooks comparable to ANY of the Mich lineup!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape