cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help With Led Bulb Replacements

JQgolf
Explorer
Explorer
Help. Getting ready to leave on long vacation in a few weeks and would like to replace the bulbs in my 2011 Itasca Sunova with Led's to help battery life. I only have two 6v batteries, about 220 amps and will be camping for several nights in Canada w/o hookups. Want to minimize generator use and don't have time to research whether solar could work with my small battery power (and no room in compartment to add more).
Most of my bulbs are the miniature 194BP type in all my overhead lights and some side lamps inside. They are in middle of fixture, two for each and are only an inch apart. You need room to remove or put in socket, which fit quite tightly. Do most of the LED bulb made for this type of bulb work? Some say oversized and I suspect there is not enough room unless you only use one bulb? The Led's that are not oversized, are available but harder to find how much light they put out? We also need more common 1076 socket style and 1383 par type bulbs in a few reading light fixtures.
So looking for info from anyone who has successfully switched to led's with this type of 194 bulb with little clearance and where they got them or maybe a model number. The ones I saw at CW were 12.95 apiece plus tax. Don't need a $.79 bulb, but since I need at least 20 of these, don't want to spend more than $2-4, if I don't need to.
We normally use hookups, but want to boondoggle sometimes if we have enough battery power? Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

alkillion
Explorer
Explorer
Did the LED upgrade over a year ago. Tried LEDs from a number of companies. In geeneral I found the more you pay, the brighter they are, they last longer, and have truer color. The cheap bulbs just weren't worth it.
I have had good luck with replacements from www.starlightsinc.com.
Really impressed with their fluorescent tube replacements.
Good Luck
May the Forza be with us!
2014 Winnebago Forza 34T
340 hp Cummins
Allison 6 speed
2006 Jeep Wrangler toad

JQgolf
Explorer
Explorer
Just to update. I ended up talking to m4led.com about what I needed. They were very helpful and I purchased 10 bulbs to try them out. I bought some flat type for celing fixtures and they seem to be okay, lum wise. I also tried two different 921/194 bulbs where I had limited space between the bulbs. The Samsung 5650 chips are much brighter than the 5050 chips and put out same light in bulb same size as my old ones. The reading light 1383 bulb fits tight but seems to be ok.
There bulbs were mostly from $10-15 but I had them in 4 days and they seem to be fine so far after a couple of hrs of testing. I tried to get from Amazon, but they did not provide enough info on the specs to make sure what I was getting when I didn't know much about it. Same with ebay or a couple of companies from China. They may be fine for $2-6 but I didn't have time to wait for shipping and/or not know if they would work. Should have done this 3 mos ago when I had lots of time before upcoming trip.

Camper_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for superbrightleds.com. I've replaced the 194 bulbs with LEDs from them. Decent prices, good quality. I'll be ordering a few more soon.

Ken
2016 Itasca Navion 24J

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Try Amazon. I just purchased all the replacement bulbs for our MH last week. They weren't LED, but I'm sure you can get those as well.

Sooboy
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased LEDs for our RV at M4 LED and couldn't be happier with the quality.
2012 Jayco Embark TB390
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2009 Honda CRV (mini toad)
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 (monster toad)
FMCA #F413428

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some on ebay
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We have 220 amp battery power also. With the conversion of just some of our lights to LED, we can dry camp easily for up to 5 days. But that is spending most of our time outside (which we prefer) and using the lights and other indoor appliances sparingly. We don't have a generator and don't want one. When I get to the point of needing to recharge the batteries, it's time for us to visit a full hookup site to charge the batteries, dump the tanks, refill the water, do some laundry, visit the grocery store, and take a long shower at the park.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
Try cabinbright.com
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

jgallego
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced all the lights in my motorhome with led light bulbs. http://www.tvformyrv.com/revolutionwedge-250-lumen-led-12v-light-natural-light/ Since I was buying around 28 bulbs I contacted them and received a better price. But it was still expensive but it is worth it especially with our heat in Texas.

They are really bright and work great. The best part is that very little heat is generated. I had them in my 5th wheeler prior to buying the motorhome.

Jaime
2014 Coachmen Mirada 35 DL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Crewcab 4x4
2013 Honda CRV

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.superbrightleds.com/

This is where I get mine. Have not replace but a few in ours, so about all I can tell you is if the lens is white, color, get the led in that color of the lens. White and warm are a real difference in light and we all have our likes and dis-likes. They have a good replace guide. Good luck.