cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Rambler Switch

GordonH
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 HR Neptune and urgently need to buy a new battery cut off switch. The switch is located just inside the entry door. I've tried several dealers and have an enquiry in to Holiday Rambler.
Can any one suggest a source? I live in Canada so a Canadian source would be ideal. I hope someone can help.
Gordon
13 REPLIES 13

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Allied Electronics

part number 683-0457

This was a "sealed version" meaning it is probably a marine model but it was an exact replacement by color, size, shape, and function.

Dennis, I didn't totally cross check your number on the Allied site cause I'm too lazy but my invoice from Allied has a lot of hand notes from me and your part number comes very close.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Bypassed mine entirely....it wasn't that it failed..it was that you could inadvertently hit it coming in or out of coach....mine is right where the light switches are for outside etc..and if you touched it the AC would cut off etc and be a pain to reset the radio etc..no need for it so I've long bypassed it and haven't regretted that at all.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Don't replace it, bypass it as most Monaco/HR owners have done. It serves NO purpose to the RV owner, as it was designed for the dealer sales force. The relay is in the electronics bay under the drivers side window. Jump the 2 large red wires together and remove one of the small control wires and tape it up. You are done, now enjoy your RV.

that's what I did. 🙂
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
YC 1 wrote:
Dennis, the numbers on my switches match the Allied Electronics part number page for the Carlings. You need a strong light and magnifier to see them. If this site had a better posting method I would attach the Allied web page with the breakdown.

My yr model may be the difference of course in how the switches are labeled.

Myron, were you able to match up the number I provided? That number came off my Electronics manual that came with the coach, not the switch itself. I'm too lazy to pull the switch...:)..I tried to match up the switch that controls the hidden TV but Carling said they provide the switches to Monaco but they use their own numbers and labeling system. I figured it was just a way to ensure you bought your switch directly from Monaco. Sure would be easier if the numbers matched...thanks for your input....Dennis

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Don't replace it, bypass it as most Monaco/HR owners have done. It serves NO purpose to the RV owner, as it was designed for the dealer sales force. The relay is in the electronics bay under the drivers side window. Jump the 2 large red wires together and remove one of the small control wires and tape it up. You are done, now enjoy your RV.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Dennis, the numbers on my switches match the Allied Electronics part number page for the Carlings. You need a strong light and magnifier to see them. If this site had a better posting method I would attach the Allied web page with the breakdown.

My yr model may be the difference of course in how the switches are labeled.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

WayneLee
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you are talking about the "battery cutoff switch"? This switch is usually located in your battery compartment and is exactly like ones used in boats. The switch inside the door (usually referred to as the "salesman switch") controls only certain 12 volt circuits in the coach. It is so named because the salesperson can just hit the switch when coming or going and reduce 12v battery requirements.

Most of us do not need this switch and we bypass the relay it controls by jumpering the terminals. That way we don't have to worry about this switch breaking at a bad time.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3050DS Class C | Hummer H3 dinghy

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The number on the switch will do you no good. It is a Carling switch but the number on it is proprietary with Monaco. Easiest way is to take the switch off, take a picture of the pins on the back and match them on Carling's site.

As a alternative, contact Northwest RV Supply in Eugene Oregon. Send them a pic of the switch via email and they'll send you out a new one. I bought a box full last time I was there as they were only $7 each.....Dennis

I just looked the switch up in my wiring diagram:

Carling Switch - #V8D1HW6B-AP100-000

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Similar switches are used in some boats. If all else fails, check with a boat supply dealer.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

Moved from Forum Technical Support

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Allied Electronics. They are Carling switches. Well some of them are. Get a bright light and magnifier to find the part number on the side.

If you are in a jam just find the solenoid it controls and bypass it.
H/R Endeavor 2008

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
Call Monaco in Coburg, OR and they will get one in the mail. They send anywhere.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.