cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

unionguy1019
Explorer
Explorer
A little off topic, but did you trek fans catch the ST memorebilia auction at christies. 1701-A $220,000 1701-D $500,000 Klingon Bird of Prey $190,000. All the models from the series and movies. I was surprised that the TNG items bid higher than the original series stuff.

Okay now back to topic, just a suggestion for those that may need to replace water lines. Mine had old rubber tubing that was dry rotting with age. Replaced the lines with PEX braided water lines. Learned about it from maintenence technician classes I am taking. For more info on this water line click here.

Hey chancellor, I see by your address we are almost neighbors. I am about 80 miles south. Our snow is at about 20" on the ground and being laid off at the present time have given serious thought to "puttin the irons on the tires" and going camping.
Here comes the [purple]"Chuck Wagon"[/purple]

Chancellor
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a nickname since 1973... Guess!

Long Life and prosper.... Spock's father Sarac of Valcan ๐Ÿ˜‰

You must have checked out my site I had a few roles with Paramount died by poison in one. But it seems they are retiring all the series now. Made some big mistakes with the last one. But I am happy with everything the way it worked out and we are thrilled to be getting out on the road. I can't wait for the season to start. In a few years we may go full time or at least 80% of it. Qa'pla Suv'wI Quv'lIjDaqyIH tu'be'lu'jaj {May your coordinates be free of tribbles}
Chancellor of The Klingon Empire
My Lovely wife{The boss}
and PJ our dog that thinks he's human!

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
Dannbo wrote:
What??????????????????????

Obviously he's not much of a ST fan Chancellor huh?.

I've had a nickname since 1973... Guess! ๐Ÿ˜›

Long Life, Prosper.
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

Dannbo
Explorer
Explorer
What??????????????????????

Chancellor
Explorer
Explorer
My most feared and excellent warrior compatriot, Honored Chancellor;
Leader of the True Sons of Kahless, welcome!! Would that the hand that
once guided my sword the Scythe of Stars to minister death to mine enemies enfold with yours and know the grasp of a kindred spirit, than this pitiful robotic shadow I extend to you now!!

Welcome to our quite unique group! In spite of the definition of our
vehicles as vintage or "older", we are probably some of the most interesting folk here in the forums. What I started as a "Hello... is
anyone out there" type thread has grown to what it is now... almost a
community unto itself, sharing wit and wisdom, fixes and information.
And a lot of humor.

Besides... I would not dare refuse so great a warrior! How many groups can actually say that they even know one such as you? or have the munificence of your patronage? The Sprinter class Bird of Prey carries the symbol of Dodge with honor and newness of form!! Its presence among the ranks of the time-tempered vessels of its kith and kin is
a thing of joy to those free of spirit and of wandering heart!

Again, my Chancellor, welcome!!

Mark, Lord Heronsgate,
the White Knight

qaleghnIS Warrior! I am Honored to be amoung some of the most Feared Warrior's on the road today! I will endeavour to uphold the tradition that those before me have set with Honor! My B.O.P. is named the MupwI' {Hammer} and I will be hitting the roads by the end of March for place far and wide! My handle is Chancellor {what else} and if you catch me we can share bloodwine, song and story about our adventures!

Chancellor Qu'noH
Chancellor of The Klingon Empire
My Lovely wife{The boss}
and PJ our dog that thinks he's human!

savatreatabvr
Explorer
Explorer
Timmac, the main reason for buying it was, my girlfriend of 6 years left and I thought buying it would keep me busy plus driving across country has always been something I've wanted to do. But now who knows, hell the damn thing probebly wouldn't make it to the gas station anyways. Ahhh, it would make it, it would just take a while, LOL. Bob.

IdahoJamboree
Explorer
Explorer
Don,

Sadly, I think you may be right on the way things are going. Mine may be the tool shed in while also. I have looked at an interesting trailer called an "A Liner". I cannot afford one now but maybe down the road a ways. They seem to offer guite a lot in a small folding hard side package and can be pulled with a six cyl. The person that just posted with the new Winnie View on the Sprinter frame has an interesting R.V. It is not anything I could buy but maybe it means there could still be a future out there.

Have you had problems with people giving you a bad time about your motorhome? From your post it sounds like either you have or know someone who has. I know many with new SUV's get a hassle. I did not think anyone would bother me in an old motorhome. Being able to travel with freedom is one of the things that makes this country great. We may just have to figure out a different way to do it as in some of the small R.V.'s I listed. Anyway you be safe out there and good luck.

Norm

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Thermasan Injection ???, why would you spend $$$ on a waste incinerator when you can put those $$$ into a Fuel Injection system and increase mpg, improve your emissions and your motor will love you for it...

Now as far as a TS ? ... I will put one of these together for probably less than a hun. That is not a good "investment" to you? .. you either don't take your rig out much, don't boondock at all OR you love paying 30-60$ per night to "camp".

Retro_Cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea inviting all makes!

Just returned from first weekender with the Edelbrock carb (Part #1411) installed. Wow! Love the electric choke. It was in the 20's yesterday morning and it cranked right up. Ran so much better at all rpms. I have to adjust the linkage a litle, but that's minor. Thanks to this forum once again for a good idea. Hope I can return the favor.

Retro

Retro

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
Norm, Your right the only thing any of us can do to improve gas mileage is to watch your speed. I don't care how new or old or length of your unit they are all gas hogs and this is why the rest of the world hates us. Its not what we have but how we waste precious oil for our "toys." I went to Europe and you rarely see a trailer or MH on the road, and if you do its usually a millionaire.Our good times on the road are coming to an end for all but the very rich. Thats why I bought an old MH in good shape. And paid cash for it. I don't want this hanging over my head with 20 yr finiancing when the big crunch comes. When gas reaches $5.00 per gal. (and it will) you wont be able to give these things away I'll turn mine into a tool shed I guess. But we still have a little time left and my wife and I will be taking an extended trip this summer. Be careful on the road a lot of our people hate us too.
Don M
If it aint broke fix it till it is

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Savatreatabvr > if you have a hand written bill of sale from the owner of property that the rv is abandon on, well that's 9 tenths of the law that you are the owner, you just need to take the owner of property, vin number and picture to DMV and get new title in your name, and I have to say this why did you invest money and time into a rv that you don't even have a title for, you better hope the real title owner does not show back up and drive it away, get down to the DMV with the owner of property fast...[ better hope there is not a lean on it ]

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chancellor wrote:
Do I qualify 2006 Winnebago View on Dodge Sprinter Frame and cab? Mercedes Engine and drive train though....But it has the Dodge emblem and name on it. Thanks

My most feared and excellent warrior compatriot, Honored Chancellor;
Leader of the True Sons of Kahless, welcome!! Would that the hand that
once guided my sword the Scythe of Stars to minister death to mine enemies enfold with yours and know the grasp of a kindred spirit, than this pitiful robotic shadow I extend to you now!!

Welcome to our quite unique group! In spite of the definition of our
vehicles as vintage or "older", we are probably some of the most interesting folk here in the forums. What I started as a "Hello... is
anyone out there" type thread has grown to what it is now... almost a
community unto itself, sharing wit and wisdom, fixes and information.
And a lot of humor.

Besides... I would not dare refuse so great a warrior! How many groups can actually say that they even know one such as you? or have the munificence of your patronage? The Sprinter class Bird of Prey carries the symbol of Dodge with honor and newness of form!! Its presence among the ranks of the time-tempered vessels of its kith and kin is
a thing of joy to those free of spirit and of wandering heart!

Again, my Chancellor, welcome!!

Mark, Lord Heronsgate,
the White Knight
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Thermasan Injection ???, why would you spend $$$ on a waste incinerator when you can put those $$$ into a Fuel Injection system and increase mpg, improve your emissions and your motor will love you for it...

savatreatabvr
Explorer
Explorer
I have an old RV horror story for you all. I bought a non-titled 1977 Dodge Pace Arrow with a 440 engine & 727 Torqueflite tranny from a friends boss here in Arizona. Without a title it's considered an abandon vehicle. The deal was I could keep it on his property until I had it road ready. First of all I live 30 miles from the property, gas alone traveling back and forth a couple of times a week in my truck was killing me. After spending over $2000 in parts, $800 in gas and 2 years hard labor I've gotten to test drive it a few times about 1/2 mile each time, but for some reason it won't shift into 3rd gear. That's just one of the many headache's I'm having, accually the biggest one is, remember my friends boss, well he now want's it off his property. I can't take it to a RV park, WalMart parking lot or even the side of a dimmly lit street because here in Arizona, only the owner of the property that the abandon vehicle sits on can apply for the abandon vehicle title. WalMart never returned my calls. LOL. So basically he sold me a vehicle that he was not legally able to sell me. I can accually lose all of the money and time that I've put into it and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. All he has to do is apply for the title himself and it's his, I guess I could sue in court but all I have is a hand written bill of sale which dosen't mean much here in Arizona.

MasterBoondocke
Explorer
Explorer
I have bounced the idea of headers and am just going to stick with the iron manifolds and a SINGLE exhaust system . I should mention that this system WILL be custom made ...done with probably 2 1/2 pipe and using one free flowing "Turbo" muffler. And maybe even incorporating Thermasan "injection" !

Headers on a engine that rarely buzzes over 3000 rpm ? ... would not make a whole lot of sense in mosts applications...IMO.