cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good deal?

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to all! This is my 1st post here and trying to learn as much as I can. I am on the fence if I want a class A or C. This class A is listed near me(see below). It would be just me and my Labrador. The owner is an airline pilot, so I could assume it was well taken care of.

Class A on Craigs List
84 REPLIES 84

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a Bounder a few hours away, but now the price is getting out of my budget.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/4128181741.html

overbrook
Explorer III
Explorer III
OhhWell wrote:
Our coach is old and entry level as well. I love it. 1999 Fleetwood Bounder

The 1999 Fleetwood Bounder is a great coach design. My brother bought one sight unseen from an eBay seller in Dallas.

We flew in, put new tires on it, then drove 2,000 miles across country and never had a problem with it.

It had the Ford V10, and I'd look over and he be cruising down the highway at 70mph. It rode so smoothly he didn't realize he was going so fast.

He kept it three years, and when he resold it on eBay he made a small profit.

The Fleetwoods of that era (Bounder & Southwind), were chosen as 'best buy' by Consumer Reports.

Bill
Coachhouse Platinum 232 XL

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach is old and entry level as well. I love it.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

kyclassa
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
The dual wheels on the drivers side appear underinflated.

I am also new her but have to agree. The driver side looking form the front looks like it is leaning to the right. MO

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Correct, the $20K Fleetwood MH is only listed in our local paper. Forget about the '95 Pace :E I did look in the RVT link above and nothing was even close in years(most were mid 1990's) or in price for that 2003 Storm.

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ad was for a comparable "sold" one. No link for the RV in question was given.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Bruce_Brown
2bzy2c wrote:
labguy1963 wrote:
He is firm on $20K.

Too bad for him. It won't sell anytime soon.Not for 20K anyway.

Nada has it at

Low $12,570 High $15,150

He is dreaming.

The ad says it's sold.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
labguy1963 wrote:
He is firm on $20K.

Too bad for him. It won't sell anytime soon.Not for 20K anyway.

Nada has it at

Low $12,570 High $15,150

He is dreaming.

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
here you go. It's chock full of rv's wanting a new home. ebay is always overpriced anymore, this place still has reasonable prices.

just select the search options you want and peruse the results.
clicky

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
He is firm on $20K.

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clicky

The Fleetwood Storm is indeed an entry level RV. If memory serves, it is the bottom of the Fleetwood line. That is not to say it isn't a nice coach. It just won't have all the bells and whistles you may or may not need.

It has six tires, and engine and you can sleep in it. Isn't that what we all want?

If he is firm on the price, then it will be there a long time. Don't be afraid to shoot him an offer 20-30% below what he is asking, especially if you are a cash buyer. RV's are hard to sell. You cannot get financing (generally) on RV's over 10 years old. That really limits his market. I am sure he is tired of the tire kickers and scammers that roam around in the RV market

raymondmom
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at RVs for a few months. My impressions about 'entry level':
Nicest interior I've seen was in a 1990 Elite and a 1988 Pace Arrow.
I looked at a 1998 Storm and the cabinets appeared to be covered in contact paper which was peeling off. Looked at a display 2013 Hurricane that had peeling laminate.
My choice (keeping my fingers crossed) is a 1997 RexAir.

But, I live in Southern California, different concerns regarding condition.

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure out how to upload right now......been awhile since I have done it 😞 Here is a sold one that is almost identical. Entry level?
http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=54452&SearchMethod=1

Bruce_Brown
overbrook wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:

Overbrook, you were making so assumptions, and we all know what happens when you assume. 😉

The original message poster wrote that he was looking for a motorhome for himself and a dog. He provided a link to the motorhome at Craigslist that had the following few words as its description:

"95 Pace Arrow, fully loaded... 55K nice...".

There are no interior photos, no close ups of the exterior.

So all that anyone knows (assuming the words in the ads are correct), is the motorhome is at least 18 years old, the asking price is $11,500 and the motorhome is in Erie, PA.

Seems a lot of people who replied to the post are assuming the 18 year old motorhome is in good condition, has been stored in a heated garage, has new tires, doesn't need brakes, doesn't need the fuel tank drained, has been well taken care of, and has no major problems.

That's a lot of assumptions to make about an 18 year old motorhome.

My original comment still stands. If I were looking for a motorhome for just me and a dog, I would not be interested in paying $11,500 for this 18 year old motorhome.

It's too big, too old, too many unanswered questions about its condition.

Bill

You missed and/or ignored the context I was refering to on your assumption;

Especially in an area where the temps drop far below freezing for many day during the season
and your earlier post about the rust belt.

Many MH's in the rust belt aren't on the road in winter weather. Ours not only has never seen snow or even been winterized. The only time it's ever outside is when we're camping.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
labguy1963 wrote:
I just came back. It is a 2003 FW Storm 30H. It is in very, very nice condition, original owner, 23.5K miles, brand new tires and had the front end redone with heavier suspension and sway bar. Upgraded with newer 15K BTU A/C. 4kw Onan gen with only 51 hrs. New hot water tank. I crawled underneath and is flawless. All the storage bays are excellent. I will upload the videos shortly. He bought a FLA home and done with the RV scene. Pretty firm on price though.

Another entry level motor home. You said its a lot more money. I'm thinking it should go for 15-18k.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU