cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Seneca vs. dynamax force

borz
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to upgrade from my class C gas burner to a Super C. Really like the Super Cs because I need the bunks and the cab over bed. I've already ruled out the Thor based upon the mountains i've complaints i've read on it. So now looking at the Jayco Seneca vs. Dynamax Force. Everything i've read seems to suggest Dynamax is the best quality wise, but does that also apply to the Force line? Leaning toward the Force but any feedback at all would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13

bagman
Explorer
Explorer
Dynamax is now owned by Forest River and I'm always a little bit concerned when a larger company purchases a smaller company and looks for ways to reduce cost, which can sometimes reduce quality! I am not saying this has happened to Dynamax after being bought by Forest River, but for me, it would be a concern. Personally for me the best bang for the Buck are the Nexus RV Super C's. JMHO, Bags.
Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
RoWest wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMJrRQ3SVk
Why would you even make a video about how fast you can knock out a product.
Anyone should be able to figure out that a fast throw together time does not equal a good quality product. Jayco sure proved it by my unit also.

One thing you will note with ANY Dynamax is the build quality. I've been to the factory and they only work on a few units at a time. Probably because the demand is much less with the high sticker price. Coming from a Prevost, I will say that the materials and construction methods used in the Dynamax are head and shoulders above the competitors with the exception (maybe) of the Renegade's which are also put together well. I believe in the Dynamax "force" the materials used may be a step down from the XL but the build quality should be comparable since they run down the same lines.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

az99
Explorer
Explorer
RoWest wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMJrRQ3SVk
Why would you even make a video about how fast you can knock out a product.
Anyone should be able to figure out that a fast throw together time does not equal a good quality product. Jayco sure proved it by my unit also.

RoWest
Explorer
Explorer
The service writer climbed a ladder and said I'm looking at a new roof. No, I'm thinking, I'm looking to hand this POS back to you. Never, ever, use the Lemon word. I was told you won't get anything done past that point. The installed a stack washer and dryer in the pre-plumbed closet. Tested no leaks IN the coach. I'm going on my pre-delivery orientation and the instructor said that water dripping in the locker below was from the exterior wash. One month later I fire up the washer in the driveway to test and flood the locker and cabinet area around inside unseen. And of course they confirm the problem at the dealer by flooding the locker, cabinets, and wall at the floor for the third time. That luaun plywood does not like water, so I'm figuring since the distortion is directly above this 3-time flooding, that there is a major wall issue unseen behind the cabinets and headboard. The P-trap was installed incorrectly at the plant and not corrected by the installers. Watch this YouTube video and wonder why they see this it-gets-one-chance-to-be-right assembly as a real plus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMJrRQ3SVk

GL
Explorer
Explorer
RoWest wrote:
I will say that the purchase of our new 2014 Seneca 37FS in February 2015 has been one of the worst experiences of my life. An attractive price, great ride with good visibility and utility and an unending number of repairs and problems in the house portion. The latest from this Wednesday 8/26/15 at 11,000 miles are 2 wrinkles in the roof above the driver side rear tire about 18" apart from tweaking. Confirmed by the dealer not to have been an impact. In for service 45 days out of 200 since purchase.

That's gotta be disappointing - I hope they get that straightened out for you.

I had a few problems with my current Jayco fiver when I first bought it, but I had done a lot of reading on this forum and was kind of expecting it, sadly. Got it all fixed up and have had nearly 8 years of fun with it.

Back to the question at hand - Seneca vs. Dynamax Force - I'm assuming a $300,000 Dynamax XL is a high quality vehicle. Does that quality carry over into their Force line?
2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 D/A (LLY) Dually Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Recon F36V

RoWest
Explorer
Explorer
I will say that the purchase of our new 2014 Seneca 37FS in February 2015 has been one of the worst experiences of my life. An attractive price, great ride with good visibility and utility and an unending number of repairs and problems in the house portion. The latest from this Wednesday 8/26/15 at 11,000 miles are 2 wrinkles in the roof above the driver side rear tire about 18" apart from tweaking. Confirmed by the dealer not to have been an impact. In for service 45 days out of 200 since purchase.

Don_McL
Explorer
Explorer
GL wrote:
dcason wrote:
As the owner of a Jayco C, I wouldn't buy one again...I would go better quality.

You don't have a Jayco Seneca though, do you? That's their high end Super C, so I'm guessing (hoping) that the quality would be better.

as an example

pick up an interior door of my 2008 haulmark and then an interior door from our past 2010 seneca.

black walnut does weigh a lot more than particle/fiber board or whatever that veneer was.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
GL wrote:
dcason wrote:
As the owner of a Jayco C, I wouldn't buy one again...I would go better quality.

You don't have a Jayco Seneca though, do you? That's their high end Super C, so I'm guessing (hoping) that the quality would be better.
I have what was their model even above the Seneca,the Embark. I agree with him. The Jayco quality is terrible. It seems their main goal is to see how fast they can get them out the door. They let the dealer and the customer worry about fixing all the little things and finishing what the factory didn't have time to do.
The parts they put into it are good but the "Amish craftsmen" doing the work fail miserably.
But that said,at the Seneca price point, you don't really have many options.

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
Dynamax XL is a nice quality made vehicle. I just got a 2015 340XL and I owned a 45' Dynamax Ultra for 4 years. High build quality and very few issues. We sold our 2005 Prevost for the new "little" Dynamax so we could travel easier to state parks and out of the way places. We love it.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

GL
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 4x4 D/A (LLY) Dually Crew Cab
2007 Jayco Recon F36V

dcason
Explorer
Explorer

az99
Explorer
Explorer
yrusoslo wrote:
Check out the Haulmark on a Volvo chassic
You can buy 2 Dynamax Forces for 1 of those. 🙂

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Haulmark on a Volvo chassic