cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwikee step motor

ricardo
Explorer
Explorer
Well I experienced the unfortunate event of someone pulling alongside and waving that our steps were down. After trouble shooting I determined the motor is bad. I have read that an auto power window motor is a direct replacement but how do I determine which one is correct? Are all the steps using the same motor? I found no informatiopn on the motor itself but of course there is a part number (9010000220)for my two step Kwikee. There is also a pin # 151000014 on the control board housing. Thanks in advance.
Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy
18 REPLIES 18

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
Researched this problem on mine a few years ago and came up with a part number from NAPA BK6551395, other parts stores also have them you could cross reference this number and get it. The cost was around $50. If I remember correctly it is a motor from a front driver side door on a 96 or so Ford Taurus. The parts store was a lot cheaper than the dealer. If I had to purchase from the dealer it would of been better to buy the whole step assembly. Mine has not completely stopped yet, so I have not actually did the change yet. When it does though I will only change the motor. There was a lot of info on the net about doing this change, but I can't remember where it was.
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cant speak to your step motor, but I just ordered an exact replacement from Rock Auto for 29.00 for my Series 28 Kwikee step. You can check Cardone motors and I believe AMequipment.com(?) for pictures to match up to.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
According to a post by PANDK on 7/28/12, the Kwikee step motor replacement is a 86-95 Taurus LF window motor, NAPA BK665-1395
Autozone Dorman 742-206. dormanproducts.com

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar situation (motor failed after 12 years), and looked to buy a motor from Kwikee. It was only a little more expensive, and less hassle, to buy a whole new step assembly from them.