cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid-Coach Living area, your opinion.

HPYHILM
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking for a new or used Class A. Have seen many with the sofa area and entertainment are at mid coach. It seems a good majority of new coach have this type of plan. To me they seemed very cramped, to close to TV and the advantage of the the cockpit seats as part of the living area is now disjointed. I don't know anybody with this plan so I'm hoping to hear from others good or bad.
Hpyhilm
NW Washington
2008 Monaco Knight 38PDQ
12 REPLIES 12

HPYHILM
Explorer
Explorer
So I understand now that the passengers in these type of floor plans must ride in the dinette area, is that uncomfortable for 2 or 3 passengers. Now if I have a child that needs a car seat I can put them in the chair behind the passenger cockpit seat, how would this be accomplished on a dinette seat. Do any of the couches have seat belts in the back?
Hpyhilm
NW Washington
2008 Monaco Knight 38PDQ

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
We really love the "Gally Forward". We have 2 recliners opposite the couch, and when we turn the cockpit seats around, we have a great big entertainment area!
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a mid-coach L shaped couch and bought our coach specifically for the floorplan. The L-shaped couch holds 4 very comfortably and all seats face the TV. We found that floorplans with a forward couch always have awkward tv viewing angles or face the kitchen sink. We spend more time lounging on the couch than we do entertaining large groups. But, we have fit 9 people in our RV - 4 on the couch, 3 in the dinette, 2 in the captain's chairs. Honestly, the couch is 10' from the captains' chairs. It isn't like anyone has to yell to be noticed...
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtr49 wrote:
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by a mid-coach living area. Perhaps you could post a lint to the floor plan.

I'm guessing something like this were the dinette is up front and the living area is mid coach.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Our Fleetwood is the mid coach. One couch opens to a L shape design. Plenty of room to sit. Not having the captain chairs to use as alternative seating in the same area doesn't bother us. Usually just the two of us anyway. Plenty of room in the mid coach seating for 6 comfortably,

I sit in the captains chairs facing looking out the front window in the morning drinking my coffee. Sorta have two different sitting spots.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess I'm not sure what you mean by a mid-coach living area. Perhaps you could post a lint to the floor plan.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

HPYHILM
Explorer
Explorer
I thank you for your replies so far, hoping to hear from anyone that has the mid-coach setup and their experience good or bad.
Hpyhilm
NW Washington
2008 Monaco Knight 38PDQ

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
My preference is also front lounge but I do know people who love the mid couch and TV as a place for kids. They then use the front chairs and dinette for adults and have a TV there on the counter if they wish. The kids use headphones with a splitter. Of course the half bath is behind the TV and that is a feature they love.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
My preference is the forward living area to pull in using the captains chairs as additional seating area. With my gas rig being a mid entry door this arrangement works out well for us.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer the front living area as I also like to look out the front windows to see what's going on. In our new coach, the front driver's seat and passenger seat sit below the living area so they are not part of the living room. We have three steps from the driver area to get to the living space.

That leaves us with a huge front windshield to look out of. Also, our TV is at the front that swings down from the ceiling. This set-up works for us as that's how we had it built.

There is nothing wrong with the mid-ship salon if that's what you like, that's why the manufacturers offer both.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
HPYHILM wrote:
I have been looking for a new or used Class A. Have seen many with the sofa area and entertainment are at mid coach. It seems a good majority of new coach have this type of plan. To me they seemed very cramped, to close to TV and the advantage of the the cockpit seats as part of the living area is now disjointed. I don't know anybody with this plan so I'm hoping to hear from others good or bad.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes so Mid coach is just not for Me/Us. the way I look at it is the 2 best seats in the house are in the front, when we are parked I still tend to sit in the driver's seat, comfortable and with a mid station TV it is the best seat in the house.

DW on the other hand like to sit on a loveseat and kick back, so we have a love seat across from the sofa where she can lay back or work (she still has her seat in the front if she wants it) we have a flip up dining table and rarely use it, just habit as we tend to eat off wooden lap plates while home or on the road, with guest we might eat at the table.

So for us when people are in the coach we all are seated together and it just works.

To me its just not any good so I'm sure not going to buy it.

BOL,

Similar to this with no table and chairs just a Buffet
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

nma33
Explorer
Explorer
Our couch if behind the cockpit seats, I like having the couch and the captains chairs together, Makes for a nice usable living space, after the couch we have our dinette with kitchen across from dinette. We feel like we have plenty of space with this set up.