cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorhome Insurance Renewal

becker
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome insurance is up for renewal. I have a bid that is lower (like for like) than the policy I have been carrying. The new bid is with a company by the name of Safeco Insurance (A Liberty Mutual Company). My question is: Does anyone have insurance with this company or have you had any business dealings with this company? This company is completely new to me and I would appreciate any input.

Thank you.

Becker
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42ft, 4 slides, 425hp clean air Cummins diesel
2013 Jeep Sahara 4-dr w/M&G Braking System
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 All Terrain Towing System
11 REPLIES 11

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have Safeco that covers our Auto and pickup truck. I have had no claims with them so don't have much info to share. I use National Interstate for our Diesel Pusher thry Overland Agency in Arizona.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I had Blue Sky at one point...then next renewal came and bill went up 800 dollars so I called and I get the reason (no joke)..because we could according to NC state...had to shop and I found Allied and they have been just fine...There is also AutoOwners ..don't know the full name...paying about 1200 now for the motorhome in my signature.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Have National Interstate since day 1. Full coverage. One claim....no problems. They have, however...my agent contacted me and told me their rates were going up VERY substantially.

Continued to say I had an option: currently covered by the purchase price....if I converted to the BOOK VALUE, my premiums would be cut more than half. (Motorhome is 15 years old.)

What would you do?

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing wrong with safeco, just watch the coverages on claim pay outs. Especially if you have a guaranteed replacement or purchase price policy now.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
National Interstate Ins.

Foremost

Bluesky

Safeco has been around since 1923---Seattle Based Company. Acquired by Liberty Mutual in 2008
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Gottahaveit
Progressive :B
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
For whatever it's worth, we've had our first and current coach insured by Foremost Insurance Co.

Over the years we've filed several claims which were handled expeditiously and without any hassle.

Based on our experience with Foremost, I highly recommend them.

Good Luck & Safe Travels.....:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

mdanielson55
Explorer
Explorer
Ime probably going to be hung until I'm dead but hear goes. On insurance Seems all is expensive. Ive got an 08 holiday rambler 44 ft. and ins through state farm for 1800.00 a year with my stick house and two cars on another state farm policy, Ive tried to drop the home and and two cars and guess what. my rv will go to 1800.00 every 6 mos. yep double. couldn't believe it and I am getting quotes from several companies and at the 1800. for the year they are higher than state farm. if anuone has a bigger rig at a decent premium I would love to contact the company and try to save a buck and get away from a company that has me over a barrel thanks

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Things with insurance companies change year to year but here's a rating from 2016 that might give you some guidance...

8 Best RV Insurance Companies...

I carry Progressive myself.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
we have dealt with them in the shop a few times and never had a problem with them paying claims.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had them when they were still in Michigan many years ago. Not with an RV though. They were alright then but have no idea since the left MI.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi