cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My wife can't decide, Please Help

rv-dreaming
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is taking a survey, what do you prefer, booth or dinette table and why?
60 REPLIES 60

RudysWorld
Explorer
Explorer
You have got a lot of good advise and I agree with all. Hopefully your dealer has similar models with both options. The main decision point is go sit in them and see which you like. Good Luck, no wrong decision with this question.
Rudy - 8 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
Had both for many years. Had the booth type for the first 34 years then the table and 4 chairs for 14 years and now back to the booth for the last 4 years. They both have there good and bad points. If playing cards at the booth and drinking beer the person on the outside has to get up each time the person on the inside has to go pee and and with a table and chairs you would not. With a table and chairs I had to secure the chairs each time before traveling plus find a place for the two extra chairs when we were by ourselves. It is a tossup for the DW and I. The GKs like to tip the chairs back on two legs while playings
cards etc and GM let them get away with it. I put a stop to that by making them play outside at the picnic table. Don't have that problem with a booth
samsontdog:o:W

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi,

Keep in mind, we have children and that certainly influenced our decision.

We have the booth and like it because:

1.) It provided 4 extra seat-belted positions (bringing total to 12).
2.) Extra bulk storage space (tools, paper towels & TP).
3.) 2 Extra drawers for pots, pans, etc.
4.) Another sleeping position or two (actually more comfy than the sofa).
5.) Kids can use the table while underway. Good for snacks & games.

Truthfully, they may not be the most comfortable things to sit on for long, extended sessions, but so far no problems. The kids are fine. I have some back issues, but usually the less comfortable a chair is, the better I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚ Odd...but that's the way it is. So I don't have any issues with the dinette seating. Of course, I do carry a bit of my own padding with me! LOL

A word of advice, though, let your wife make the final decision. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Dinette for us. We like the ability to move the table and chairs around. Our table has an extra leaf that can be added as well as two extra chairs that fold and have their owne storage place in our rear closet. We had a booth in our previous MH, but for our needs we prefer the dinette.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

09Sam
Explorer
Explorer
I've had both. Liked the storage under the booth but the back cushion was too upright and I had to remove it to be comfortable. I have the table and chairs now and it is a lot easier to sit around it to chit chat, eat our meals, or catch up with whatever.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ
DW, mini Dachshunds - Emma,Lexi,and Murphy

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
booth. for the storage and lack of worrying about it while moving.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Booth for us. Like the large storage areas under the seats for sodas, dog food and other nonperishable's. Useable while on the road with seat belts in the front face side.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
we prefer table and chairs that way we can update alot easier and move it around if we need to

Devonm2012
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted a booth and orders ours with one. Several reasons......storage underneath (I cook constantly and needed the storage for kitchen stuff), much more comfortable to sit in (our opinion, of course!) and the wall at the end of the bench is also included so you can sit with your back against the wall, feet stretched out and it makes a mini lounge chair! We would not have an RV with anything else. Ours is leather.

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
We had a dinette in our first coach. We liked it, because it gave us another bed when we took the grandchildren along. This coach has table and chairs, and we like it--grandkids are too old to want to travel with us. Advantage with table and chairs is with two of us in the coach, we have more space (With slides, this is not an issue). If we have guests, we can put in the extra leaf, and get the the chairs out of the basement. With our next coach we wouldn't mind a dinette--since we will be forced to have slides, space is not an issue, and most dinette comes with storage under the seats. And of course, with a dinette, you don't have to store extra chairs. Frankly, once we find the perfect coach, we won't care much whether it has a dinette or table and chairs.
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
when i wasn't so fat I liked the booth,, for storage,,,obviously,,, but nowadays,, the table and chairs would be better for me...different strokes! thanks for the topic! was a good one!
Janet N Texas

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
byrdr1 wrote:
I like the table and chairs. looks better and easier for a fat boy to sit at the table than at the booth.
randy

Me too for sure.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
we're both pretty chubby, so the dinette is more roomy for us. the booth is handy for providing a small, extra bed for a grandchild. so it's really a matter of need and convenience.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I love surveys! LOL!

We chose the table with chairs as it takes up less space for two people. It can be expanded for 4 as we have two extra folding chairs in the rear closet. The table adjusts (by sliding) 8-12 inches for comfort and will pull out an additional 14-18 inches as it has a slot where a section of corian can be placed to extend the table.

Most booths seat four. If we had a booth, I would want vinyl or leather bottom seat coverings for easy sliding. The back can be clothe but the bottom seating needs to be a smooth material. JMO.

We have a buffet against the wall where the sliding table-top attaches. So, we don't lose storage by not having benches.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We have the dinette now but our next MH will have a booth. Of course we will want to try the booth first to make sure that the table is not too close to the bench. We feel that the booth is more usable space plus it gives additional storage and sleep space. We are tired of trying to fit the spare chairs in the back closet which takes up a lot of space. The chairs have to be placed so that they don't fall during travel. The table is really not big enough for four people to sit at comfortably. Of course this is just our opinion. The dinette might be perfect for you but is not working for us.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One