cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a quick weight guestimate for my reg paper work!

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! I'm in Wisconsin and brought my new 1997 32' Allegro bus home on Thursday and got her/him (haven't picked a name yet)tucked away before the storm we had on Friday.

I have to have the registration paper work postmarked by Monday but there is a weight chart for the registration fee and it goes up in increments to 32,000 lbs then after that the fee stays the same all the way up to 80,000.

Can someone give me a ball park guestimate on what a 32' Allegro bus would weigh? I'm planning on paying the fee of $119.50 for weights over 32,000 but just kind of wanted a number to put on the line.

Our road conditions are still too nasty to pull it out and take it to a scale. I already tore up our yard doing the 3 point turn to get it where it is and will stay for the next few weeks until spring hopefully decides to come and dry things out. It's just way too early to deal with anything like this up here.

Thanks!
Thanks, Kay
14 REPLIES 14

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Just thought it a form of yakker!! :B :B Welcome and congratulations on the new adventure!
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
dverstra wrote:
dayakster wrote:
Thank you! Btw...I'm a girl! Well, an almost 50 year old girl to be exact.

If "it" is a girl, it probably weighs more than its sticker.:B

No doubt!

We are a family of five. My husband retires next year and we have a developmentally disabled son who I wouldn't even attempt flying with so this has been MY project for the last 6 months or so.

I forget my nic isn't all that feminine. I developed it about 15 years ago in a webtv newsgroup I use to participate in and it just stuck. It's my name KAY backwards with da and ster, daYakster.
Thanks, Kay

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
dayakster wrote:

If "it" is a girl, it probably weighs more than its sticker.:B
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice ride for a lady.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
Gasman 2 wrote:
It looks like spring has arrive in Wisconsin already. The picture of the Bus has green grass and leaves in it. Enjoy your new Bus.

Oh no....that was a picture from the listing. I believe it was probably from late last season as the previous owners didn't list it until October or November of last year and then when it went up on Craig's list again in March I answered the ad.

I put a deposit on it 2 weeks ago and picked it up Thursday but had to race home before a big storm on Friday. We'll have piles of snow around for several weeks yet, I'm afraid.
Thanks, Kay

Gasman_2
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like spring has arrive in Wisconsin already. The picture of the Bus has green grass and leaves in it. Enjoy your new Bus.
Gasman 2

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
32 foot diesel would come in around 25,000- 30,000. Gas would be lighter. Ours is 34 feet and 26,800

Pogoil.

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everybody. I was able to get out there today (we had such a nasty storm yesterday that I didn't even venture out to it) I found the registration paperwork from the previous owner and it's weight was 16,900 so it's registered at 20,000 which saves me about $25.
Thanks, Kay

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
As others have said, you will (by law) have a GVWR sticker-- they are usually near the driver's area.

It will give you the GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) which is the most the coach was designed to carry when fully loaded. That MAY be the number you need, or you may need the EMPTY weight which should be considerably less.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

dayakster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Kay

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Should be an RVIA Label with all weights.

Otherwise call Telephone 256.356.8661 with Model/VIN for info
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
There should be a weight sticker on your MH, most likely near the drivers seat. It will give your GVWR and GCVWR info as well as other pertinent data for your specific vehicle.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
deleted ...
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
dayakstar,
Well Sir, you could do a simple math thing. In the coach some place, is a label that had the GVWR, and, both axle Gross axle weight limits. If you look at your label and it states your GVWR is, say, 26,000 lbs., then that's the max it's ever supposed to weigh, with both axles loaded to the max weight. So, that would get you seriously close in your estimate.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND