cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Class C's don't come with cab carpeting now?

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
While shopping for our new larger and longer class c, we noticed that most of the major manufacturers no long carpet the cab. Didn't seem to matter if it was Chevy or Ford, they all had black rubber floor like you'd have in a commercial truck. My 2004 Winnebago had nice carpeting, and it ran from the cab to the kitchen where it's vinyl. Guess the manufacturers when they decided to use vinyl thru out the MH felt it unnecessary put carpeting in the cab since they get the cut-away chassis without it.
wonder how much it would cost to get it carpeted. It does insulate the sound and engine heat somewhat.
23 REPLIES 23

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to get hold of a color matching insulation-backed rubber floor covering for our 2007 E350 rig to cover the cab area before the step into the house. This for the floor insulation benefits along with dirt control.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
the carpet helped with the dog box heat,

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2011 the Ford cab was carpeted by Lazy Daze, not Ford.

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you put floor mats over the rubber floor or just leave it? I could take the ones out of my Minnie Ford E-350 with the "W" on them, but who sees them anyway. WE will probably put a carpet piece in the area between the seats.

Those that put in carpet runners on the vinyl floor, beware the rubber backing will cause the vinyl to yellow BIG TIME! We asked the dealer about putting carpet down on the new MH vinyl floor and they referred us to the flooring manufacturer guide. "NO rubber backing, causes discoloration".

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
It is a lot easier to keep them clean, that is where you get the dirtiest carpet that is hard to clean, rubber flormat you can vacuum or take out and wash with soap and water.

navegator

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
My 2012 ford chassis also did not come with cab carpet, but my 1997 did. So I had to buy one to fit it. As they say you pay more and get less these days.
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our older Ford-based C has a carpeted cockpit, but it's clear the option didn't come from Ford. Rather was cut/fitted/glued by coach builder. Probably more labor than they want to expend...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2015 Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Four Winds Siesta.Our unit has Rubber Floor with Carpet overlay, like a well fitted mat around the entire cab only.

Tile for the living area, we added runners along the length of the living area.
We like the set up, carpets are removable for serious cleaning and easy to clean around.
happynow

Steve and Carol

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
I've noticed that too. The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter has the rubber floor up in the cab too.

Mine's a 2002, and the coach manufacturer carpeted that area.