cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only one low point drain?

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to have only one low point drain? It's time to winterize and the drain for the fresh water tank has only one other capped drain hose next to it. It is a clear hose, not red or blue. I cannot see any other drains. When in the MH I can see only one water line going from the water pump and that is clear as well.

My motorhome is a 24 foot 2008 Forest River Lexington 235S.

Should I keep looking?
14 REPLIES 14

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
My Greyhawk has three drain lines in addition to the one for the fresh water tank. They are located inside of a outside bin on the passenger side close to the hot water tank.
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies and help. Much appreciated

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
mgirardo wrote:
Our Greyhawk has only 1 low point drain. The hot water heater drain plug is lower than all other hot water lines, so no need for a separate hot water line low point drain.

-Michael

That may be my situation as the water heater drain is lower than the hot water line.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Forest River class C. It only has one low point drain, on the hot water side. The cold water side is drained by removing the filter canister.

It's not the best system. The pump is at the absolute low point and is above the canister fittings. So you have to either disconnect the pump to drain those lines, and then run it a few seconds, or you have to use the pump to pump antifreeze. Forest River expects the user to pour several gallons of AF into the FW tank and then pump from there, which will take care of the pump and its lines. (I hate that because we drink water from our tank, and the taste is a problem with AF usage. So I added a winterizing fitting by the pump.)
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Our Greyhawk has only 1 low point drain. The hot water heater drain plug is lower than all other hot water lines, so no need for a separate hot water line low point drain.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
My Winnebago "C" has two valves in a storage compartment on passenger side rear that drains the low point drains.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

jrobert01
Explorer
Explorer
Look in front of passenger side rear wheels in wheel well.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
It would be unusual to not have at least one drain each for cold and hot water circuits. Whether or not there is a yet another drain for the supply line to the water heater would depend how lines are routed.

I have three: one just downstream of the water pump drains cold water supply to outdoor shower and water heater. A hot water drain and a second cold drain under the shower drains supplies to bathroom, kitchen, and shower, and works pretty well to siphon water from the water heater.

I take it Forest River does not supply plumbing and wiring diagrams for each model?
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's certainly possible that there may be inside low point drain valves that both connect to one hose via a tee on the outside. I don't know that it's common, but there's no reason why such a design is impossible.

I'd personally be more concerned with finding the drain valves. If you open the cold low point drain valve, and water comes out somewhere underneath, and likewise for the hot low point drain valve, I don't really see where it matters exactly how or where it comes out.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our previous Class C had a "Low Point Drain" label on the kitchen cabinet they were located in. That was for the Hot and Cold plumbing. The coach we have now, has that label on the outside compartment where they are. Again, Hot and Cold. Then I'd expect to also drain the Fresh Water Tank and the Water Heater. Let the water drain out of the hoses for your Shower and Outdoor Shower.

If you're expecting a deep freeze, be sure you blow out the toilet flush valve, and pour the water out of (or RV antifreeze into) any traps you have. Typically Kitchen, Shower, and Lavatory.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bobm253
Explorer
Explorer
Just to clarify - the fresh water tank has an on off valve inside which drains thru one clear plastic line. However, next to the drain hose is only one more plastic drain line with a cap on it.

So I have two drain hoses under the MH - the identified water tank drain and the other one.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Our hot and cold drain lines have valves inside and, obviously, drain to the outside.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Look near where the HWT is, or the water pump. It sounds like you have found the fresh water tank drain only.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
keep looking might even be a set of valves somewhere