cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Polystyrene Insulated Sheet

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used this material between your day/night shades and the windows to help keep the cold out. My MH does not have double pane windows and it seems the chill comes right thru the glass and the window frame.

1-in x 4-ft x 8-ft Expanded Polystyrene Insulated Sheet
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
7 REPLIES 7

3sacrwd
Explorer
Explorer
X2. Easier to roll and store than rigid foam board. I used these summer and winter.
1997 Forest River Reflection 38' DP

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dale.Traveling wrote:
I use THIS STUFF between the blinds and windows. When not in use I (summer heat and winter cold) they are under the mattress, rolled up and in a shirt closet or behind the couch. Plus being flexible and about 1/4" thick installing is simple the them blind strings hold them in place.

That insulation is great for windshields. It bends to the contour and keeps out most of the heat in the Summer and most of the cold in the Winter. As mentioned, when you are done with it you just roll it up and store it in the basement or any other convenient location.

OldF__t
Explorer
Explorer
Dale.Traveling wrote:
I use THIS STUFF between the blinds and windows. When not in use I (summer heat and winter cold) they are under the mattress, rolled up and in a shirt closet or behind the couch. Plus being flexible and about 1/4" thick installing is simple the them blind strings hold them in place.

X2. Use the same stuff and it's much easier to work with and use than the rigid insulation board.
Jim
2021 Grand Design 303RLS
2019 Ford F350 DRW LB CC

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
My bed in the rear sits in the corner and is tight up against the wall and back of the coach. This past winter, I finally put up a 2 inch board along the whole wall, and the also covered the back window as well. It made a very big difference, as I could actually sleep touching the wall. I did find that you have to seal the edges, otherwise there will be a small circulation of air that bleeds around the outside. I've been camping over Christmas for the past 12 years. It is not uncommon to hit single digits at night. While the coach was always warm, the cold radiated off the windows, so there would be cold spots in bed. Yes, it is well worth it.
IRV2

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Someone said they made vent inserts out of the 1/2" insulation board. Don't know why the 1" can't be used.

Personally, I'm not camping where it's that cold.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
No but good idea!!!
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179