cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Resale Diesel or Gas

Hpymils
Explorer
Explorer
Considering buying a Class A up from a C. Usually trade every 3 or 4 years. So which is easier to resell a diesel pusher or gas unit?
28 REPLIES 28

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
zman-az wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
Ductape wrote:
I don't understand at all the concept of buying what the next owner wants. I buy what "I" want.

Thinking of a MH as a financial instrument is a fundamental error IMO. These are a toy and should be bought with mad money. Nobody needs one.

but the OP's question concerned resale. It obviously doesn't make any great difference to him if it is gas or diesel.
bumpy

True, but there is no one correct answer. Way to many variables, thus get what you want.

Exactly the answer is just not that cut and dry
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Ductape wrote:
I don't understand at all the concept of buying what the next owner wants. I buy what "I" want.

Thinking of a MH as a financial instrument is a fundamental error IMO. These are a toy and should be bought with mad money. Nobody needs one.

but the OP's question concerned resale. It obviously doesn't make any great difference to him if it is gas or diesel.
bumpy

True, but there is no one correct answer. Way to many variables, thus get what you want.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
If I was buying a coach used gas or DP, I would be interested in a good price, proof that the coach has been well maintained!

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shouldn't make a wit of difference if the coach is priced competitively for the model and condition.

I think they are actually serving different markets with minimal overlap but asking price has to be attractive in either case.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:

bumpy

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you compare the exact same unit except with gas vs diesel, the price difference will be much smaller and not enough to cover the initial upgrade price.

The issue you see is people compare a low end unit with gas power vs a high end diesel pusher, see the price difference and think diesel must make it worth more, when in reality it's the fact it's an overall high end unit that accounts for the vast majority of the difference.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:

Exactly.

zman-az
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape wrote:

Could not agree more.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Thats the deal. You price it right it will sell but if you are real proud of it price wise plan on having it for awhile.

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
Higher resale on a diesel is a myth. it's 150k+ more money to buy a new diesel. A clean older Dp can be had for 45k. A gas in the same condition and age can be bought for 20k that's a 25k difference. You won't need a calculator to figure out who lost the most money.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
The other point about pricing, from someone who hits the RV for sale web sites every day; price it $100 below a major dollar amount. I.E. if you want to sell your rig for $40,000, make the price $39,900. This will drop it below an upper limit price filter.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
many people who might be looking are new to the rV world and cost $$$ is an issue. a cheaper gas MH might have a larger potential market out there.
bumpy

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
I would think there's a market for both.......just do look at all the RV's for sale online and on the lots. I've sold 3 motor homes myself.........1 gas, 2 diesels.
Gas I sold in a couple of weeks
1 Diesel I sold in a couple of days
Other diesel I sold in about a month
All boils down to being priced fair........and someone out there wanting you coach.
If you're over priced, you won't sell either a Gas or Diesel rig.
Brian