cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV.net down for 3rd day?

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
OKOKOK....I can access the GoodSam/Forums...and there it is....slightly different format, but it's all there.

RV.net...which is in "my Favorites" or "bookmarks", gives me "404" and tells me the site is down, etc., etc..

Major problems, or is RV.net being taken off?
23 REPLIES 23

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
From the OP.....neveer heard of a bookmark "going bad" before....alot of things I never heard of before...but I had nothing to lose!

Went to Bookmarks and deleted the (old) RV.net

Then accessed RV.net manually, there it was, and put that "new" bookmark in the list....and....THERE IT WAS!

Any explanations.. or simply a dust on a diode situation?

Thanks.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As we keep telling you.. It is working fine all over the country for other members, Do not know what your problem is.

NOTE: I do get a lot of errors that are related to connection speeds, Not so many here as on other sites, (in fact hardly ever here or other mostly text pages, Lots on the big graphics pages though) This may be your problem.

You may also need to re-set your DNS.. Try 8.8.8.8
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
I've been able to get to the home page, but get a 404 error when I try to go beyond that.

How about something from the Administrators? No one reading this thread? Even a "Don't know--working on it" would be something. Right now it's like pouring sand down a rat hole.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I had the similar thing happen to me several times last week! All is good this week!

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
Roman Duck wrote:
Most likely it was an audit from the NSA (LOL), all is good again

Hah yeah or someone told the EPA that there was a whole group of people that are only averaging 8 mpg and they had to investigate.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

cbeierl
Explorer
Explorer
For the last week or so I've had trouble using a bookmarked www.rv.net forum link to get to a long-standing thread I follow. It starts to draw the page and fails after displaying the top inch or so. Other access to www.rv.net forums seems fine.

However, if I change the 'www.rv.net' in my bookmarked link to 'www.woodalls.com' the link works fine.

Something is definitely odd on the rv.net portal.
Chris Beierl
2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely it was an audit from the NSA (LOL), all is good again
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had an issue a few days ago where I couldn't get on. Firefox said their 'certificate' had expired. A few hours later it was fixed. Haven't had any issues since then...Computer gremlins.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Its not down now or in the recent past....at least not here????
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same exact problems as Dave. Perhaps it was a infrastructure router near our area or something who knows. Obviously it didn't affect everyone. It was an issue but luckily, now it is not (for me at least).

I come in by typing rv.net into the browser and click on forums. I don't use bookmarks.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't get in this morning.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problems so I reset my favorites. Now it works.

If I type in RV.net in my browser, it says the system is down. I had to go to 'bing' and type in RV.net to get in that way so I could reset.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
Try typing the URL instead of using the bookmark. If that works, then the bookmark went bad somehow. Delete the old bookmark and re-bookmark the site and you should be good. I get in here using my bookmark every day.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I too use RV.NET to come here, No problems, Visit every day, Usually 2 or 3 times a day, no problems save some issues with the Wi-Fi at one park. And for some strange reason I'm only getting 2G not 4G speeds here this week on Cell (usually i get rock solid 4G) but neither of these have anything to do with RV.NET, everything to do with my local connection provider.

This posted via RV.net portal.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times