cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Fridge Questions

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those of you with the Samsung fridge, what colors are your preference??

We went out looking yesterday and they only had the SS in stock and my wife is not enthralled with SS claiming the ones in our house are just too difficult to keep clean.

The website shows a finish call SS Platinum that supposedly resist fingerprints and the such but we've been unable to find one to actually look at. Also, I'm concerned that the big bulk of a SS fridge won't blend into our coach interior and an actually thinking black might be an option.

Second question: I know absorption units do not like running off level. How sensitive (if at all) are compressor based units??

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dick
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
15 REPLIES 15

MrWizard
Good stainless, is not very magnetic
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

nemo45
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
I have a samsung "stainless" in the house. But here the kicker, it is NOT SS. if it were ss, magnets would stick to it. I bought Samsung fridge and washer dryer. the washer has been more trouble than any washer I have ever had. The fridge works well, no issues.

Some stainless steels are not magnetic.
Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

tennille
Explorer
Explorer
We installed the Platinum color about a year and a half ago and have loved it. Fingerprints are not an issue. We boondock often without using the leveling jacks and haven't had any issues with it so far. I did the install myself and getting the old one out was the worst part.
Scott and Robin
Kathryn

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:
I have a samsung "stainless" in the house. But here the kicker, it is NOT SS. if it were ss, magnets would stick to it. I bought Samsung fridge and washer dryer. the washer has been more trouble than any washer I have ever had. The fridge works well, no issues.

Ya they are not a Godsend. We have a topload Samsung with a glass top that is a year old and the top around the bleach dispenser is completely rusted out. Looks like garbage.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We wanted the Platinum for two reasons. One, no fingerprints and two, fridge magnets stick! We have a honey oak interior and most people think it's SS. I highly recommend it.

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Dick.....I installed a Samsung SS in a 2005 Monaco Diplomat with cherry interior and the same cherry panels on the Norcold doors as you have. Here are a couple of photos that might give you an idea how it will look.

Even though the cherry panels were nice, I found the Samsung SS made the coach look much more luxurious. A local store where we bought our SS also had the Platinum. To me it looks like a dark shiney primer.

My personal choice would be SS and then black.

Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

yamerhammer1
Explorer
Explorer
We changed ours out last April with the 18cf Samsung. Couldn't be happier! We got ours at Home Depot
2012 F-250 superduty
2014 Jayco premier 361reqs

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the final steps of changing out our old fridge (Norcold 1200) with the new Samsung RF18. (Residential Fridge Replacement)

We went with the SS because that was the only one available. We saw the Platinum on the Samsung washer/dryer at the store. It was nice but a little darker than we liked.

Not sure what you coach layout is like but if you go with something other than a french door, make sure you have clearance to open the fridge door.

Remember...measure twice then measure again, then measure again, then....
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the good information. I'm going to keep shopping around for someone that has the other colors in stock. Fortunetly I'm not in a rush as my Dometic is still working OK.

From what I understand I have plenty of depth for the 20 cu ft french door model and it will recess all the way to the door hinges...can't go any deeper and still allow the doors to swing open as I understand.

Appearance is a big deal as my existing fridge has lovely cherry panels on the doors so it just blends into the coach and a big SS fridge would be become the focal point of the interior which is what I'm concerned about.

One other question though, are there any issues with stuff falling out when you open the doors after a day on the road.

Thanks again.

Dick
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Samsung is an excellent choice. When considering which one to get be sure to measure for depth of the box as you don't want it sticking out in the room. I purchased a counter depth model which has a 24" deep box verses 31" allowing it to fit in your entrance door and fit your cabinet better. Most standard refers stick into the room to far. Samsung will also work with a modified sine wave inverter with no problems as incoming power is rectified to DC voltage and every thing runs on DC voltage. They are very efficient and draw less power than older units. I have the stainless steel double door 23.5 cu. ft. model with ice and water through the door and love it.
Blessings; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Our rig has SS which I believe is pretty traditional, but I didn't want that for my garage. I ordered a black Samsung and it took an extra 4 weeks to get delivered so they might be phasing out.

Samsung makes an awesome black stainless as well, but wasn't available in the model we got.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
We went with the SS and believe the platinum would have been a better choice. As you identified, keeping fingerprints off the SS surface is a never ending battle. The platinum is still a silver color, just a few shades darker. I actually think it is better looking than SS and since it's a painted surface it is easier to maintain.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call sansung see about color, or paint it.or a piece off counter top slid in front of it.