cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Residential Fridge Questions

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new fidge (RF18) is going to be installed next week and I have a few questions for those that already have one.

Do the condenser coils need to be cleaned on a periodic basis??? If so, how often do you do it??

Does the ice maker supply enough ice. I know that is somewhat of a ambiguous question but I'm trying to decide if I should keep the Beaver supplied U-Line ice maker or turn it into a storage cabinet. The U-Line makes a lot of ice so we're somewhat spoiled. Of course I guess the Samsung ice make could be turned off and have the extra freezer space

Any issues that one should be aware of?
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
15 REPLIES 15

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I keep a couple of zip-lock bags of ice from the ice-maker for extra just in case. Have never needed it so far as the fridge ice-maker keeps up just fine.

We have a Jenn-Air with the french doors and a bottom freezer, also had a Jenn-Air in the Dynasty that was a side-by-side. So far, both have been excellent. No trouble, 7.5 yrs. with the first and now 2 yrs. with the second.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Just me, but I would keep the U-line as well, unless it looks too dated. Our Whirlpool makes plenty of ice, but I like the extra for the boat, friends coolers, day bag, whatever. Never can have too much ice ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
my winter project is to install a Samsung rf18 in my Fleetwood bounder specs say with door off its 24 5/16 inches my door is 24 1/2 inches did it go in with out a problem

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
We installed a RF-18 last June and love it. Coils nice and clean, makes way more ice than the two of us could ever use and uses almost 0 power. Just have 4 batteries and 2kw inverter but works faultlessly.
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine's over two years old and coils are immaculate. Your worry is for naught. I would keep the ULine and use it as an extra freezer. The Samsung will provide you with sufficient ice for your needs....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
I look at mine every two years. If they are dusty, quick vac, that's all. Usually they are not dusty at all.
I'm expecting about the same. My RF18 is about 8 months in the coach. I just checked and the coils located under the fridge are squeaky clean, but the fridge is mounted about 10-12 inches off the floor and doesn't get much dirt kicked in from the floor.

Oh, and as for ice ... this thing makes more than we can use. As stated above at least 5#. The freezer is amazing in size and the ice maker doesn't interfere with us storing most anything we need.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
crasster wrote:
I look at mine every two years. If they are dusty, quick vac, that's all. Usually they are not dusty at all.

but what size and model is it and what size/ model MH is it in

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the input....just concerned that it might be difficult to remove to clean but I'm going to put that worry seed back in the jar. For the time being I think I will keep the ice maker and figure out what to do long term as I grow accustomed to the new installation. If nothing else the ice maker looks like it would make a great place to store Cherry Garcia.

I do have a 3000 W PSW inverter and 6 batteries so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a Whirlpool installed in my Phaeton and it makes an abundant supply of ice.

I have had a problem with the fridge running of the Xantrex MSW 458 inverter/charger when rolling down the road. I have purchased a pure sine wave model, Xantrex Freedom SW2012 and intend to replace next week. I hope you won't have this issue.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Smasung in my previous coach. Even though it didn't have a through the door ice maker, I loved the ice maker it does have. It has a huge tray that holds probably 5 pounds of ice.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a GE with the coils on the bottom at floor level. They need to be cleaned at least once a year but even when I forget and go longer I have not seen any real performance difference.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at my refer coils yesterday. After a couple of years, they are still clean so I wouldn't worry about them for a couple of years. Ours runs 24/7 BTW. It also makes enough ice for us and I have to shut it down because it fills the bin to quick for our useage

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
I missed the old Uline for a long time. Especially if at somewhere a long way from stores. Digorno Pizzas fit perfectly. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843