cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scangauge used on a DP

draboo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Scangauge in our 02 F250 diesel. I really like it. Is it possible install one in my HR Neptune DP? Isn't the data port back in the engine bay?

Or..can I use my Smartphone with some sort of wifi connection to a sending unit hooked to the data port?

Thanks,eh?

Brad
11 REPLIES 11

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You won't regret it. Their TS was very good. Old fashioned. I called a person answered, I asked for TS and I was talking to a tech that was knowledgable and helpful in advising me what to do. In my case I had a bad turbo boost pressure sensor.
I repeat that Freightliner quoted me $175 just to read the code. Trouble shooting extra.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
We just downloaded the Silverleaf VMSPC software & bought the connecting cable... I hooked it up to a netbook computer, fired the engine, and I have a virtual dashboard full of DIGITAL gauges, and can add/subtract/change gauges from a drop down menu.... turbo boost, tranny temp, real battery voltage, even real time fuel mileage... and it is supposed to display any check engine codes, which Sliverleaf will help you identify........
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

draboo
Explorer
Explorer
JimM68 wrote:
Your HR Neptune should have an Alladin or Alladin JR system, or possibly a Medallion option in the dash. The Alladin systems work on monitor #4 of the dash monitor, medallion replaces the idiot light display in the dash.

Even Alladin Jr. provides all the info that scangauge does.

If you have a full alladin and it's broken, silverleaf has a cure.

Ours is a 2002 diesel model. I haven't seen anything in any of the literature that came with the rig about Alladin. There is no dash monitor.

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Your HR Neptune should have an Alladin or Alladin JR system, or possibly a Medallion option in the dash. The Alladin systems work on monitor #4 of the dash monitor, medallion replaces the idiot light display in the dash.

Even Alladin Jr. provides all the info that scangauge does.

If you have a full alladin and it's broken, silverleaf has a cure.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

SS_Slacker
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Scangauge D in my Neptune and it works great. Fits nicely on the dash with the suction cup mount and wire running down the side of the dash to the data port. The port is under the dash on the left side of the steering column. There are two data port, one in the engine bay and one under the dash.
Dan & Tracy
2003 HR Neptune 36PBD
300 ISB Cummins/5-Speed

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kemahsabe wrote:
This post has info on the smartphone based Scan Gauge.

I have one, they are nice! Simple app and bluetooth OBD II
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Very likely. A friend installed one recently on his DP Monaco. Turns out he had two ports but one did not work correctly. He found one stashed under the dash,.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
You need the ScanGauge D. As Big Katuna said, look for the round connector near the steering column (just like you would an OBDII on a light duty vehicle).

ScanGauge D Link
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a round connector left of your steering column.
I went with Silverleaf software and data cable for a Windows laptop.
Found my check engine light in seconds.
I'll switch to a Surface Pro someday.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
This post has info on the smartphone based Scan Gauge.

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I was told that the scan gauge II will not fit in DP because they are not OBDII compatible you have to buy a scangauge for DP
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD