cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower Draining VERY slow

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
If I were home, I would try some drain cleaner, and then go from there. In this coach, I'm not sure if drain cleaner is a good idea. The shower drain metal piece seems to be very solid in place. Not sure how to remove it. Is there an easy fix ? Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
22 REPLIES 22

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
Like stated before when you get it clean use baking soda and vinegar as a regular maintenance item. Say once a month.

Pogoil.

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
This is very easy to pull hair out of drains. $2.48 at Home Depot. Or at any hardware store. Work great at home too.

Zip-It-Bath-and-Sink-Hair-Snare

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
tinkerer wrote:
I would be willing to bet there is hair clogging the drain. We had one like that and work it over with a toiler plunger and it was balls of hair.

This is exactly what we found in one particular instance! Unbelievably, the plunger removed the clog.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Doubt a plunger is the right tool for the job. I wouldn't bother with all the drain chemicals either as the clog is likely right under the brass cap. first I would unscrew the decorative cap and I bet you'll be looking at a hair clog right there. I must clean mine several times a year as DW has lots of long hair.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

ridin_with_the_
Explorer
Explorer
put a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in the drain. next pour a cup of vinegar in. The vinegar will start to foam so, quickly put the drain plug in place. wait 5-10 minutes, remove drain plug and pour hot water into drain. you can do this once a month to prevent future clogs. Semper Fi.
2005 Alfa See-Ya M40FD #3507
The Ranga co-piloting
Zoie and Mazi the Shih Tzus
Jordan the Pyradore
Story Bird a Green Cheek Conure

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Avoid caustic cleaners. You may need to take it apart. That's what god made plungers for.

swebber
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster wrote:
ArchHoagland wrote:
This will fix it.
X-2, These work, I bought 2 of them they were on sale for $2.14 a piece!

X 3 . I have one in my stick house and the travel trailer...
Steve Webber
2013 RAM 3500 Dually, 6.7 Cummins and all the bells and whistles
2009 Jayco Eagle 324BHDS "CramalotInn III",Reese DCHP, Atwood 3500, BAL Deluxe Chocks, Weber Baby Q & Q200, Champion 2000W Inverter & 4000W gennie's
My Camping Pic's

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If none of these suggestions work for you what I did was to make a plug for the end of a short hose and force water down the drain. I wrapped an old bicycle tube around the hose end to get the same dia as the drain. Insert the plug end and turn on out side water. I use this method when ever the drains get slow(usually once every other year). I have the Zipit also but it only works on hair not soap scum or any grease build up.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Newmar as you do. For our drain, we have to push down on the drain stopper and at the same time it then screws off. Then I use a old pair of tweezers just for that purpose and pull the hair out. It's gross but ya gotta do it.

Don't put anything caustic down RV drains. They're not like at home. Good luck.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mdanielson55
Explorer
Explorer
got to be hair go to lowes /home depot and they have a hair rod. it is about 3ft long and very rough. that roughness will grab hair when you pull it out of your drain

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
This will fix it.
X-2, These work, I bought 2 of them they were on sale for $2.14 a piece!

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Boiling water is a low impact approach that often works wonders.
It dissolves the gunk and soap sludge that catches the hair balls.
I'm on a septic tank at home and won't use chems in it but this keeps everything flowing for us.
Good Luck, Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
This will fix it.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Bleach works very well for hair, I use to own a dozen or more apartments and that was a standard treatment.
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!