cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superstition Mountain - Arizona

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
For those who've never experienced this wonderful place....taken from the Lost Dutchman State Park....enjoy....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
11 REPLIES 11

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park and had that view constantly. Love it. Great hiking, too!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Dennis,

Great view. Thank you for sharing, and teasing.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
1mtnman wrote:
Great picture Dennis. I moved to Mesa in 1944 or actually east of Mesa not far from what was Buckhorn Mineral Baths. Don't know if it might still be there or not but in those days that was all that was in Apache Jct. Superstition Mtn and the Lost Dutchman mine and stories has always held a fascination for me. I have many fond memories of the area in and around Mesa which was covered with citrus trees in those days and the fragrance was wonderful when the trees were in bloom.

FYI...Buckhorn is being rehabbed by the City of Mesa...:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I agree Dennis, I was there last year after a trip to Apache Junction!

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the pic Dennis and Deb. Sure brings back some memories. It's a great place to visit and explore. Hopefully we'll be back out there within a couple of years. Yeah, Tortilla Flats is a hoot.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We live just 84 miles from Lost Dutchman SP and visit several times a year. Lots to see and do in that area. We like to drive the Apache Trail out to Canyon Lake and Tortilla Flat for a bowl of Chile from atop a saddle masquerading as a bar stool. :B The weather is mild and the scenery off the chart gorgeous. Don't miss a visit to the Oldfield Gold/Ghost town. A little touristy but lots of fun to wander around. :C

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 Beautiful.......we had to cancel that portion of our trek to AZ this year cuz of the Govt. shutdown. 🙂 🙂 I love the picture!!!! Thank you
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great picture Dennis. I moved to Mesa in 1944 or actually east of Mesa not far from what was Buckhorn Mineral Baths. Don't know if it might still be there or not but in those days that was all that was in Apache Jct. Superstition Mtn and the Lost Dutchman mine and stories has always held a fascination for me. I have many fond memories of the area in and around Mesa which was covered with citrus trees in those days and the fragrance was wonderful when the trees were in bloom.

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Pic Dennis & Debi, My sister looks at this mountain every day out her back yard in Apache Junction. We go there every spring on our way back home to Colorado. It's Beautiful.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Siphon Draw and Weaver's Needle after a Snow Storm outside AJ

Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

ronniedean1234
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely a beautiful area for sure, we took our horse there a few years ago and road out of the first water trail head, very rugged trail but beautiful..Thanks for the pic
17 Voltage 3970
1999 Freightliner Western Hauler CC/300 Cat/Chipped
2001 Ford F350 CC DRW/ 4x4/ 6 Speed/Chipped