cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Channel RV Show

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Bret Michaels from Poison will have a RV series "Rock my RV" starting May 26th on the Travel Channel.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
43 REPLIES 43

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
I TOO was disappointed. Where O where is a good program that shows NORMAL ppl enjoying a trip through our beautiful country and the ins and outs of using an rv to it's fullest purpose,, w/ maybe some helpful hints on stuff we might like and how to make the most of our rigs. Perhaps some anti weight suggestions and new inventions expressly for rvs...like shelving or products or places to go,,, oh well, im dreaming again. Until that time I will just satisfy myself w/ this forum and website and others ive found to give me helpful hints... etc. What say the rest of you?
Janet N Texas

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with what others said about the first RV......paint $20K, slide room, at least 5K each ++, floors, cabinets, fridge, seating ect.....my guess is that they had at least 60-70K in improvements. My DW and I said the same thing, trade it in and buy a nice used DP, 40' with 2-3 slides for 80-100K. I also commented on the weight of the coach and the old suspension. Nice try and would love to see more RV shows but this one just wasn't what we expected.

How about a show that travels to various campgrounds and does a review of the facility and then interviews folks who own various coaches, entry level to the top of the line coaches, and why they like them, pro's and con's.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

havasu
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, if we all came up with $5k apiece we could commission a proper RV show. I have the contacts ๐Ÿ™‚

glamisorbust
Explorer II
Explorer II
We watched both episodes yesterday. What a joke. T-shirt gatlin gun? Please...The first RV turned out ok, but the second wasn't even an RV anymore. Just a billboard on wheels. I will make sure we never watch it again!
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!

soren
Explorer
Explorer
2bzy2c wrote:
Peralko wrote:
Essentially, they took a $12,000 motorhome, spent $40,000 on it, and ended up with a $12,000 motorhome.

Also, a rock star (or wannabe rock star) is the last person I would expect to reflect what the RV world is looking for. I thought it was pretty ridiculous and thrown together.

Find it hard to believe that anybody would of expected different? Brett helps me channel surf. If I'm looking for something worthwhile, and I see his pretty face, full of mascara and botox, I know to keep moving. If you look up "talentless twit with delusional self importance and a gigantic ego", you will find his picture. BTW, I love how everybody is looking for a rational RV show, full of normal folks and great destinations.......please. If you can't turn it into a circus, feature some washed up clowns, or as they call them "stars" and base the entire mess on some totally foolish idea like spending $25K to paint a $10K motorhome, well it just won't sell. LOL It's all a great reason to leave the idiot box off.

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
JanTx wrote:
well SHOOT! everything has to be in or FROM California! dang! we can't ALL live in Cali. Although it does seem to have some pretty country and some very nice weather.

And mudslides, earthquakes and wildfires...

(Written from the land of wildfires, avalanches and snowstorms)
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
Peralko wrote:
Essentially, they took a $12,000 motorhome, spent $40,000 on it, and ended up with a $12,000 motorhome.

Totally agree. However, 40K would be very conservative. There had to be 20K in just paint.

Also, a rock star (or wannabe rock star) is the last person I would expect to reflect what the RV world is looking for. I thought it was pretty ridiculous and thrown together.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
The first show was interesting--they just took an old gas motorhome, added two slides and dressed it up. Unfortunately, they did not say anything about the after renovation weight. I would be willing to bet that motorhome ended up way overweight. Also, nothing was done to the drivetrain. Essentially, they took a $12,000 motorhome, spent $40,000 on it, and ended up with a $12,000 motorhome. Would have made a lot more sense to spend the money on a better motorhome. But that would not make a good TV program!
The second show was making a motorhome into a commercial sales vehicle. They took the shower and the bed out, so they ruined it for camping use. While it appeared to be what the owners wanted, the renovation ruined any resale value.
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
khahuna wrote:
Well ... after the long awaited showing I was truely disappointed. There were two different shows. The first was ok ... the second fell back into the old rut of over the top stuff any normal RVer would not do. The travel channel has too many commercials. What do other people think of the show?

Overall, I enjoyed it. I enjoy seeing what regular people and the very rich have in their RVs. Beats watching most of the other absolute junk that is on tv these days.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

khahuna
Explorer
Explorer
Well ... after the long awaited showing I was truely disappointed. There were two different shows. The first was ok ... the second fell back into the old rut of over the top stuff any normal RVer would not do. The travel channel has too many commercials. What do other people think of the show?
Dave & Jan Bussard
2016 Jayco Designer 5th Wheel 39RE
2016 Ford F350 CC 4x4 DRW w/8 foot box
Chloe Anne - passed 10/05/2016
Izzy - gone 08/12/2013 but not forgotten

Sabluka
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at the TC guide. It will be somewhat entertaining, maybe, but really not what we are wanting.

Seemed like mostly over the top stupid stuff only a TV producer and minions would create. Fantasy really.

Oh well....

Maybe if they added some zombies to shoot?

RR

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
cwit wrote:
9 0'clock est.

Actually the various RV type programming starts at 7:00PM EDT and runs till 11:00PM.

cman60
Explorer
Explorer
With all our National Parks and State Parks, you think the TC could do SEASON after SEASON of shows that give an insight on where to travel.
Every day is a good day to ride, just some better than others.
1997 Fleetwood Flair
Towing either a 24 or 14 ft trailer full of motorcycles

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
My wife said she saw the end to a preview commercial and think she saw a Prevost looking bus with fireplace and big flat screen tv.i hope this is not the way this show is going to go. I would rather see some every day regular rigs getting some kind of make overs.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
9 0'clock est.