cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington State Residents

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Is everybody in Washington State (Dry and Wet side) getting charged $75.00 for Light Rail on there RV tabs? Got my motorhome tab bill today and there was a $75.00 added to help pay for light rail? I was under the assumption that light rail charges were for King County only? We have no light rail in Kitsap County or anywhere on the Olympic Peninsula? Does anyone know why or where this came from?
15 REPLIES 15

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
Think I found it.
Transportation Partnership Program (TPA)

The Legislature passed a new transportation revenue package to fund 274 projects across the state over the next 16 years. The package includes:

• 9.5 cents gas tax increase phased in over four years $5.5 billion
• Vehicle Weight Fee on passenger cars $908 million
• The light truck weight fee increase $436 million
Annual motor home fee of $75 $130 million
Path1 thanks for the info it is the TPA

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Funding/2005/default.htm

But still don't know why you are getting hit up and others are not if this is a "state" wide program??????

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
Just paid mine, live in Buckley area, I have the $75.00 fee also.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
MattINW wrote:
Does it really say RTA / Light Rail? Because there is an RTA tax, but it's specific to the greater Puget sound area. Not farther out, like across the state where I live.

And, I have a NEW $75.00 fee for my Class A. It's called "Motor home weight based fee supports rail improvements". That's different than the RTA tax.

So I'm curious for those that have this fee, is it limited to Class A's, maybe C's, and not TT's? What month (and even day of the month) was the expiration date? Mine expire on 7/13/14.

This more than doubles my registration costs, it's ridiculous. Oh and I get to replace the plates which are in like new condition, just like one of my cars last week.
Matt, it does not say RTA, it says $75.00 Motor home weight based fee supports light rail!

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think that is for light rail. I just renewed mine in January and the $75 was for Gwt/Veh weight. No light rail.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Think I found it.
Transportation Partnership Program (TPA)

The Legislature passed a new transportation revenue package to fund 274 projects across the state over the next 16 years. The package includes:

• 9.5 cents gas tax increase phased in over four years $5.5 billion
• Vehicle Weight Fee on passenger cars $908 million
• The light truck weight fee increase $436 million
Annual motor home fee of $75 $130 million

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Funding/2005/default.htm

But still don't know why you are getting hit up and others are not if this is a "state" wide program??????
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

MattINW
Explorer
Explorer
Some info on the "Motor home weight based fee"

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.17.365
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.68.415
Matt
2007 Keystone Cougar 289BHS 5th wheel
1991 F350 7.3 Diesel Crew Cab
1998 32' Georgie Boy Cruise Master (1st RV, got 4/2013) - SOLD 5/2016

MattINW
Explorer
Explorer
Does it really say RTA / Light Rail? Because there is an RTA tax, but it's specific to the greater Puget sound area. Not farther out, like across the state where I live.

And, I have a NEW $75.00 fee for my Class A. It's called "Motor home weight based fee supports rail improvements". That's different than the RTA tax.

So I'm curious for those that have this fee, is it limited to Class A's, maybe C's, and not TT's? What month (and even day of the month) was the expiration date? Mine expire on 7/13/14.

This more than doubles my registration costs, it's ridiculous. Oh and I get to replace the plates which are in like new condition, just like one of my cars last week.
Matt
2007 Keystone Cougar 289BHS 5th wheel
1991 F350 7.3 Diesel Crew Cab
1998 32' Georgie Boy Cruise Master (1st RV, got 4/2013) - SOLD 5/2016

Tradewinds
Explorer
Explorer
Kitsap County here and just renewed two plates, no literail
on either one...
Bob
National Tradewinds with Nissan 4x4 Ext Cab/Honda CRV Toad
It's the Journey not the Destination
RVing since 1970

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Here more.. You can put in your address and find out if your in the tax zone or not.

About the 5th thing down

Common MVET questions and answers

How can I find out if I live in the RTA (Sound Transit) boundary?

Enter your address on the map to see if you live inside the RTA boundary. If so, you must pay the RTA's motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) when you renew your car tabs.

http://www.soundtransit.org/About-Sound-Transit/Taxing-district/Car-tab-tax

I think this page apply's, not sure as so many taxes.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Benton County and yes, $75 Light rail fee, total of $116, if I remember correctly. Renewed in April.
Wildmanbaker

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Yelm area, replaced lost plates last month. No light rail fee. (Lost the lower rear portion of the MH,including the rear plate, on very windy, very rough roads in Iowa while on my way to Winnebago for other work at the end of April)
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Snohomish County here and no $75 Light rail fee.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in King County

1995 Holiday Rambler (Trailer) $51.75 (Total) Included was $33.75 (other)
$28.00

2006 Honda Accord

$86.75 Total
Filing $3.00
TBD $10.00
RTA $28.00
Subagent $5.00
Gwt/Veh wt $10.00
Other $30.75

Check out fees here. Looks like right hand col.http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/fees.html

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Lacey, Thurston County. Just renewed the motorhome registration, no added fee. Only thing mine had was an optional $5 for state parks and option to purchase a discover pass.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System