cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Tank Filling

11B
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the problem, if I'm hooked to city water with the water tank empty I'm fine. If I fill the fresh water tank even half full and don't turn on the pump at any time after about a day the fresh water tank fills itself and leaks out of the overflow.

I have drained the fresh water tank to empty then turned on the city water and I gain no water in the fresh water tank at all (it only fills if there is water in it).

Any thoughts as to why this is happening.
7 REPLIES 7

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mooshaker wrote:
I have the same problem with my Allegro Bus. The valve is on city water and the tank will fill slowly. I can be setting for days watching the level in the fresh tank. Then the tank overflows. (Valve still in the city water position)

I assumed that the valve was bad and had it replaced. Still having the same problem.

Well everyone else who changed the valve fixed their problem. I bet you have a bad check valve on the water pump letting water fill the tank that way.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

jswat
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem with mine. After having the valve that shifts from city water to fill replaced, my problem was solved.

JFC
Explorer
Explorer
My tank would overflow while on city water, but not always. I could never understand why or when it would happen. I assumed it was a problem in the city water/fill valve that directed the incoming water. Finally had the valve replaced and no problem since.

Mooshaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem with my Allegro Bus. The valve is on city water and the tank will fill slowly. I can be setting for days watching the level in the fresh tank. Then the tank overflows. (Valve still in the city water position)

I assumed that the valve was bad and had it replaced. Still having the same problem.

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Mine has a 1/4-turn valve that is directly over the water inlet...where the hose connects...it indicates "City Water" or Tank. If I turn it to "Tank", it fills the on-board tank. When it's turned to City Water, it doesn't fill the tank but runs water into the coach.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Level in fresh water tank has no bearing on why it is filling.

Sounds like you have a 'fill' valve

Fill valve is leaking thru either because it isn't getting completely closed after using or valve is defective
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
My MH has a valve that allows the tank to be filled while hooked up to city water. If the valve is not shut all the way the tank will slowly fill.
Or the check valve on the water pump may be bad allowing a back flow thru the pump
Traveling with my best friend my wife!