cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

mustang652
Explorer
Explorer
Just a security check on the RV and dolly. We have an area within our HOA that is designated for RV, trailer and boat parkin only. Either DW or I do it nearly daily as we go in or out from the property. The parking spot is included in the dues, so the price is right.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF Retired, Life Member: VSPA, VVA, DVA,VFW

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm, just today? Stopped at a rest area on I-75 in FL and water was coming inside from the a/c. Oops, know what that means. Up on the roof I go with my trusy little piece of plastic and open drain holes on both side of the a/c.
Problem solved. Just recently removed screws from behind the vinyl trim just below the roof level and put in all stainless steel screws with silicone, (after cleaning the gutter really good) and then put in new vinyl and caulked the roof seam at the metal awning rail from front to rear. Can't even begin to think how how many hours that took. Spread that over several days in the FL heat. Did both sides. I might be looking at a new career? ๐Ÿ™‚

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
RVRODDER wrote:
After selling the stick house ,got out the MH from storage today,to try fulltiming for a while.

Brave Lad, what with the price of petrol over there! At least you will be able to drive away from the riots.

We will be in the UK next "summer" (June). I'll PM you when the dates get known and closer. Buy you a pint!

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
After selling the stick house ,got out the MH from storage today,to try fulltiming for a while.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

Bigshirley
Explorer
Explorer
Removed kwikee motor and gear assembly, cleaned , unjammed it, regreased it to install Wednesday night, i hope??
Bigshirley
89 Driftwood A:h

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing. Last week I installed an additional 12vdc light in the hallway just outside the bathroom door. That area needed extra lighting. Everything went well. Was able to run the wires from an existing light fixture through the cold air duct; no visible wires.

Ray

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
CatandJim wrote:
Last night we camped in it, in the driveway due to a power outage after some much needed rain (thunderstorms) came through. It's nice to have it for just such little emergencies. ๐Ÿ™‚

We live in an earthquake zone, and at the end of several miles of dead end road in a forested area. Summer brings fire hazard, so far only a couple of close calls. The motorhome is stored at the house ALWAYS full of fuel, water, basic food and clothes--our mobile grab an go bag.

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced a plug that had a few sparks coming from it when we had tried to plug in something.
Took off to look at the 3 sconces to see about changing them out, one just has cut wires on it already anyway.
Cleaned and researched on the correct thing to replace the bunjee cord with that was on the door.
The former owners had no idea why the doorbell on the coach was not working ..... we opened it up and put in 4 C batteries and we now have a working doorbell.
Started washing the wood cabinets. Seems to be some sticky stuff on some of them and no I do not want to know what it might be thank you.
We have a small hole in the top of the gas tank so we cleaned the area will let it dry and fix it next weekend.
Cleaned out the crack in the corrian counter and will let that dry and fix that next weekend too.
We stumbled on a storage place that allows us the ability to work on the MH 7 days a week from 10:30 am to 3 pm and the price for storage is alot less than every other place. They also have someone that stays on the property 24hrs a day and he rides around on his bike to keep on eye on all the things. They also keep goats, dogs, chickens, etc, lol.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

dunnpe
Explorer
Explorer
Put items back in that were taken out prior to removing carpet and installing new laminate wood floors. It looks so nice now compared to the old carpets
2003 Itasca Suncruiser 33V,
8.1 Workhorse, Koni's
2004 Honda Element

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
Last night we camped in it, in the driveway due to a power outage after some much needed rain (thunderstorms) came through. It's nice to have it for just such little emergencies. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I washed the MH today. I was a bit nervous about climbing on top but after I got up there it wasn't so bad. Went to CW and bought a step-down electrical connection to use at Lake Lurleen State Park since they only have 30 amp service. Getting ready for Alabama football season and tailgating. Roll Tide!
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Finished hooking up the 20/30/50 Amp Power Box today and plugged in the motor home. It sure is nice to be able to run everything you want to with out having to worry about it. When I disconnected the extension cord the female receptacle was noticeably warmer than the rest of the cord. I will have to take it apart and check it out tomorrow.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

TravelingOTO
Explorer
Explorer
@snowsurfer Did you have a set of Velcro straps on the posts? I haven't bought any just yet but most RVers swear by them (as a backup) to keep the awning tied up while traveling.

Snowsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Today I installed a new 20' awning, to replace the one we left on the side of the highway some where in Nebraska. Awning unrolled as we were doing 65. Pretty scary. We salvaged what we could, but could not fit the main roller into the MH. A little advice, I did this job myself, I would recommend having at least one helper. Installed new Sun Guard sun shades.

As a side note, I purchased a brand new Carefree of Colorado awning from a local RV shop, total price $1836.00, got the awning installed, and believe it or not, they did not include a pull strap, really!!!
1800 dollars and they can't include an 8 dollar strap.
1999 Monaco Diplomat 38A
2007 Jeep Wrangler toad

PSU_RVr
Explorer
Explorer
Left it in Florida/Ft Wilderness with the DW and some family while I hopped on a plane to work for the weekend. ๐Ÿ˜ž
I guess someone has to pay for it.
Newmar Canyon Star 3920 Toy Hauler
Where it's been, the crew -Bandit, Morgan, Sherman. It: