cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it was Thursday that I reinstalled the newly rebuilt Nikki carb for my 4.k Onan generator. The carb is 24 years old now and there were several years where the MoHo just sat and the genny never got exercised and I figured it was time. Additionally, the last two times we were out (Jan & Feb) the engine was surging when I tried to use it.

I found a rebuild kit at an online store and tore the carb down and replace jets, gaskets etc. There wasn't much varnish in the carb but, the low speed jet was partly plugged and the exterior was coated with oil.

The carb is a bear to remove without instructions and I couldn't find any, going back in was also a bear until I discovered I needed to remove two hoses and what angle I needed to hold the wrench.

Got everything hooked up and pushed the start button and I fired up almost immediatly. It's running a little rich and I'll adjust that next week when I go out to storage to finish installing the LED panels for test. Saved about eighty bucks over buying a new carb and two hundred plus the price of a new carb ny not having a shop do the work. Sure glad I am able to do the work again, having to pay to do repairs sure sucked.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

bobphoenix
Explorer
Explorer
Rebuilt my backup camera after water got into it...
"The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis and Clark expedition."
~ Dave Barry

2000 Coachmen CATALINA MILLENNIUM EDITION, Class A - Gas

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
camperkids1025 wrote:
Installed Air Lift 5000 air bag system with an Air Lift compressor with a wireless remote...... Jim

Did you install it on your f 53 MH?

camperkids1025
Explorer
Explorer
Installed Air Lift 5000 air bag system with an Air Lift compressor with a wireless remote...... Jim
The Camperkids Jim & Lois
3 Grandkids Maria, Christian, Antony (part timers)
1999 Newmar Mountain Aire 37.5ft, Ford V-10, F-53 Chassis, Bilsteins Shocks W/ Bilstein Steering Stablizer, HWH Levelers

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning on my house stereo I have decided to install a McIntosh preamp/tuner where the ice maker was (naturally missing) and I am going to install a pair of monoblocks in that space plus a Paradigm sub. Then for the 12v radio will install a Kenwood head with my Planet audio tube power amp. It will be totally awesome. Then I am installing a small central with 7.2 inch lamb 2 stage motor (power I want power) and now assembled all the parts and pieces. So today I am working out the installation. Getting the motorhome-home when this awful rain and snow goes away. I need to fix the windshield wipers fixed as they are indeed hydraulic. What the hell. I want to replace them with electric.

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it for the first time this year, got an oil change and found out we needed a new serpentine belt, so we had that replaced. Getting ready for FL in June!! Can't wait.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
After spending the winter in the warm south our RV needed some repairs and a good cleaning inside and out.

A few days ago I added shelves to the bathroom and kitchen cabinets. I replaced the toilet with an upgraded toilet with a ceramic bowl. Also I added a CB antenna and mounted a CB radio.

Today, DW and I cleaned the inside to include cabinets and cleaned the carpets with a carpet steam cleaner.

Next, I need to replace and tighten screws in the couch and dinette, service the slideouts, and clean the outside.

There is always something waiting for my attention.

Safe Travels.

JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

Jtroop1
Explorer
Explorer
It looked like I had some water getting in on the back wall. When I extended the bedroom slide I noticed the wall had some bubbly areas that was cold to the touch. I cleaned all the areas on the back off the mh to be caulked with paint thinner. Then caulked both tail lights, all four running lights, the window, and where the ladder bolts to the wall with pro flex clear. I really like pro flex and am hoping I got the water leak. The rear cap seam has already been sealed with eternabond.
2010 Fleetwood Encounter 32BH

Trap
Explorer
Explorer
Installed 3 Smoke Fantastic Vent Covers on the Fanatatic Fans.

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
BigRabbitMan wrote:
Scott & Jill wrote:
BigRabbitMan wrote:
Ordered new stainless steel fuel tank as part of my gas to diesel engine conversion.
Do you have to change out the trany as well or will the diesel link up to it.

Given that I am changing from a Chrysler 440 linked to an Allison 545 four speed tranny without overdrive, it was necessary to also change the tranny to an overdrive unit. Diesels operate at a much lower rpm than gas engines so the gearing has to be different.

I am switching to a 2006 Duramax 6.6LTD with a matched 6 speed double overdrive Allison that came with the engine from a donor vehicle. Since I am switching from mechanical/hydraulicly controled systems to electronically controlled systems, all of the wiring and computer stuff is being changed as well. I should complete the project in midsummer.
Well good luck with that is sounds like a plate fool.
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed cell phone booster amplifier and the associated antennas. Headed out to north western Virginia which will be a good test. Engine oil and filter change along with a brake fluid change. Transmission and coolant are on the bucket list before the summer trip.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Scott & Jill wrote:
BigRabbitMan wrote:
Ordered new stainless steel fuel tank as part of my gas to diesel engine conversion.

Given that I am changing from a Chrysler 440 linked to an Allison 545 four speed tranny without overdrive, it was necessary to also change the tranny to an overdrive unit. Diesels operate at a much lower rpm than gas engines so the gearing has to be different.

I am switching to a 2006 Duramax 6.6LTD with a matched 6 speed double overdrive Allison that came with the engine from a donor vehicle. Since I am switching from mechanical/hydraulicly controled systems to electronically controlled systems, all of the wiring and computer stuff is being changed as well. I should complete the project in midsummer.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
BigRabbitMan wrote:
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
In my mind I reinstalled the carb I just rebuilt for the genny, checked to make sure the plug on my 30 amp cord will fit through a 3" ABS pipe before I have the hole drilled in the curb at the S&B for easier hookup when the rig is at home, found an RV tech with a shop and mobile who is really up on solar for battery maintenance while in storage and will contact him tomorrow and a whole bunch of little stuff that I just want to do.

Now if I can just get to the storage yard soon and do those things...

Guest coming from France tomorrow, taking her on Saturday to a five month job on a horse ranch in Santa Inez Valley so no chance until next Monday. Wish I could get the DW to look at places outside of CA to move.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II