cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

rexabbot
Explorer
Explorer
Drove my 40 ft class A DP up a road in the Tennessee mountains that I should not have been on. Don't know the grade and don't want to exaggerate because I don't need to - it was that bad. If anyone knows out there let me know. I drove up Happy Valley Dr. to the Top Of World community between Maryville TN and Townsend, TN. at Look Rock. We started at the bottom - not realizing it was the bottom and I had to go almost straight up. There was a low clearance sign of 14 ft - I am 12 ft high. There were several swtich backs, we made them all except the last one. I didn't mention that I was also pulling my TOAD, a Honda Pilot. I had to unhook the TOAD at an angle I had a hard time standing on it was so steep. Several people stopped and asked me if I was lost and a few others asked me if I was aware of the low clearance at the top.
I unhooked the toad having my daughter at the motor home brake it case we started to move and my wife at the TOAD break. My non-binding tow bar bound on one side. I had to pull further up to straigten out and got it to unhook. There are many more details but suffice it to say it was an amazing drive. I now know that my Cummins 8.5L and Allison Trans. can take me up almost anywhere, I am very proud of it. And it is 15 years old!

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
Cursed at it after discovering a previous owners hack job on the wiring of the main engine harness. And then discovered chipmunks have invaded the engine area, oh the fun wiring I have coming my way.
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Thought about cleaning the snow pile from in front of the people door to the motor home garage. Naw, we have freezing drizzle right now. Think I'll wait until tomorrow as the freezing drizzle is supposed to turn to snow later.

Need to check the serial # of the cooling unit for the Norcold N621 fridge.

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Drove to Gilroy to a friends house where I had left the coach early in the week and had driven home in the toad (Subaru Brat). We changed the plugs and it smoothed the running out. We also determined that the wire that takes 12 volt to my compressor style refer has a 1.5 volt drop due to aged connectors so I will be pulling a new wire before long when the weather gets better.

Drove the coach home and parked it in the driveway and plugged it in. Cold and rainy today.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
ThursdayI brushed it against a truck mirror, marked the awning strut is the total damage. I was in a tight lane that had a curve up to a light.

Yesterday I started to change the color of the carpet to red, as in wine. Torqued the rear end over a curb and convinced a wine bottle, red of course, to hit the cupboard door so hard it opened the Velcro tie down and smashed it self on the floor. Braking and then stopping on a steep downgrade brought most of the wine to the carpet by the center entrance. DW cleaned up most of the mess with my humble assistance. Now to figure out a more secure way to fasten that door.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

RTZ6885
Explorer
Explorer
Kicked the tires.
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 35U, W-22
Ultra Power
Safe-T-Plus Stabilizer
Henderson Rear Stabilizer
Roadmaster Front/Rear Swaybars
Koni shocks
Spare Tire Rack
360 Watts Solar
Brake Buddy
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Toad
2009 GMC Canyon V8 4:10 Crew Cab Z71 Toad

vmckague
Explorer
Explorer
Serviced the generator yesterday, oil and filter change and new air filter and today replaced the screen in my door where the dang grasshoppers had eaten holes in it. I managed to do this without screwing it up. Priceless!!

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing, cleaned up some of the leaves in the yard and burned them. Tomorrow, probably the same thing.

Ed_Manifold
Explorer
Explorer
My motorhome is in my driveway so I went out and checked for leaks since it's raining here in Concord California. Last summer I re-did the roof with Eternabond and I keep checking for leaks. I learned of this product from this forum and I want to thank all who suggested it.
Ed & Sharon
2002 Phaeton
2001 Jeep Wrangler Toad

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Fortunately, not having a bedroom a/c isn't critical, as Spousal Unit gets cold when it's running, and I can supplement the front a/c with a fan directly on me. So it can wait until we've saved up for a new one.

Meanwhile, brought L'Andante home with the recall brake fix done. Seems ok now.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Wanderlost wrote:
Got an estimate of $1100 for a replacement bedroom a/c. Can't manage that right now. Good thing it's not a/c weather.

WOW, if it's a colman and you've got a couple of good friends. Change it yourself, it's not that difficult and save yourself a bunch of coin!!!

Pops

PS Just got some paint work done to the Eagle. Oh and got the engine and genset serviced at Speedco!!!

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Got an estimate of $1100 for a replacement bedroom a/c. Can't manage that right now. Good thing it's not a/c weather.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

bsimonds
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
What is weighing on four corners and how is it done? Where is it done, truck stops? Pilot?

Tire companies recommend that you use the same pressure on both wheels of an axle, but you need to use the correct minimum pressure for the heaviest loaded wheel on that axle (motorhome manufacturers don't do a very good job of balancing weight side to side). The only way to do this is to weigh each wheel separately. CAT scales at truck stops usually have poles and stuff on each side of the scales so all you can do is weigh each axle, not each wheel. My local scrap iron dealer has his scale in a parking lot so that I can maneuver around so that I have only one wheel at a time on the scale.
Bill Simonds
'99 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom
330HP "Yellow" motor
'94 K5 Blazer 4X4 toad

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Moved it into our yard and set up the water system and got water heater and furnace going, reefer is up and running almost done loading up. Roll out is 11/18 later morning after we move the electronics into it (this computer among other things.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

AFChap
Explorer
Explorer
Had a visit from a re-upholstery shop and ordered material to have them recover the sofa where DW sits for hours reading, etc. He told me up front I probably could buy a new sofa for what it would cost to recover, and I told him I doubt it. So they ordered the cloth and will come back to pick it up after Christmas to do the work. In the meantime, I figure out how to get it loose from the floor, and out of the coach! ...and I'll have them re-do the seat in my '67 Ford pickup at the same time.
Paul ... was Fulltimin... now HalfTimin!
KE5LXU, SMART, WIT, FMCA, Good Sam, Escapees
'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E / '17 Jeep GC Limited