cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Pink stuff out of the lines, checking for leaks.
Next check the roof with a bottle of Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure in hand, then a coat of marine wax.

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
georgelesley wrote:
Karsty wrote:
Took the Winnebago ERA to the Mercedes dealer to have a taillight bulb changed. That's right a bulb. You almost need an engineering degree to change the bulb. Only cost the price of the bulb ... $2.13. I watched the technician change it and just shook my head. The vehicles are over engineered with no thought to DIY maintenance work.

Karsty, quit, quit! you're scaring me! Wonder how much it would cost to change the dipstick?

You can't afford it George. LOL 🙂 You'll have to read my write up about it in the DIY section.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27619990.cfm
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Karsty wrote:
Took the Winnebago ERA to the Mercedes dealer to have a taillight bulb changed. That's right a bulb. You almost need an engineering degree to change the bulb. Only cost the price of the bulb ... $2.13. I watched the technician change it and just shook my head. The vehicles are over engineered with no thought to DIY maintenance work.

Karsty, quit, quit! you're scaring me! Wonder how much it would cost to change the dipstick?
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Getting the RT ready for our first trip this year to a Storytelling Festival in VA. Hope to leave next Wed. Been checking everything out, cleaning and loading all the supplies back in. Keeping fingers for some nice weather.
Bob

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Rose.

CamperUSA is in West Bridgewater on RT 18. Top of the hill heading south before Bridgewater. They are a retail store plus an RV fixit shop. Very nice people. When I purchased my RV last year I had their mechanic go over all the RV stuff with me. Then everything was running and I knew how it ran, I hope.

Heapie

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Dewinterized water system. Already had furnace & fridge cleaned & serviced, and bought new tires. Leaving Saturday for turkey hunting in NE Wyoming & the Black Hills of SD.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Bob drove it three hours up to the Durham VA hospital outdoor parking lot to sleep last night for this a.m.'s early appointment. All went well except for a 1 a.m. knock on the door asking for his military ID. No problem, back to sleep.

They'll provide a motel nearby, but why waste our taxes? Besides, nicer to sleep in your own bed.

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Made the switch to microfiber towels...take up much less space and dry super quickly.
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

Darrah
Explorer
Explorer
Getting a new windshield today.
And if its warm enough this weekend gettig it washed and wax and rechulking the bathroom.
Pat (human I think.)
2015 MyPod by Little Guy.
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Have van packed and ready to leave on Monday for a three to four week road trip.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
Bought $1 organizers at Target for my galley. If I knew how to post a pic, I would show you how great it looks.

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Added a tack today to keep an eye on the RPM's when climbing mountains or coasting down the other side in a lower gear. Should know where you max. torque and HP is. Also added a USB power source for Phone & Ipod charging.

Darn, just got another load of snow. It never ends.
2011 Roadtrek 190 Versatile
1996 Roadtrek 190 Popular
1990 Dodge 2500 conversion
1982 Dodge 1500 conversion

Blaino
Explorer
Explorer
The grille on my 1995 RoadTrek 210 popular has suffered from apparent bird strikes or other hits soft enough to crack some of the grille parts without breaking them out completely. Something much harder broke the bottom of the passenger side headlight door on the chrome area knocking a large chunk off of it. All of this was existing damage when I picked it up last year and started on a restore, replace and repair process.
Also, some chrome areas are peeling and blistering, likely a reflection of age.
So, to address all of this, I secured replacement and upgrade parts for the big G30 as well as for an identical (in every front end way)1995 Chevy G20 Cobra High top conversion van that is my daily driver. The Cobra is having some similar grille issues with cracks and blistering chrome. Peeling cannot be far behind, methinks.
I bought two complete grille "sets" which comprised the two end headlight doors and the center grille section.

later I found these way too kewl stainless headlight hoods... figured this was a good look, so snagged a set of these as well!

Next I wondered about some projector headlight replacements that I happened across and decided to try the upgrade on the Cobra first then on the Roadtrek later.

So, now that all the parts are here and the weather is beginning to get off the winter mode, I think a decent few hours ought to be enough to get the old stuff off and the new stuff on!
So, collecting all the parts to be ready to face lift my RT 210 is what I did today.

gjcummings
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Winnie Era. Pulled the inside covers off the AC as there was a new noise heard on the inside of the AC unit on the last trip. Turns out the heater element on the AC is right next to the cooling fins and has some flex in the way it is mounted. Enough flex to where the heater element started hitting the fins...metal on metal on certain roads gets annoying. All better now.