cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

csp_et2
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new digital thermostat, Now we won't freeze or bake to death...LOL
Bob

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks MandP! Thought I needed to learn a new RV'ing term :B
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Mike_and_Paula
Explorer
Explorer
hotbyte wrote:
Mike and Paula wrote:
โ€ข Repaired soft floor at door.
โ€ข New laminate flooring in the dinning/ Kitchen Area.
โ€ข Removed cautions covers and washed them....

Looks nice but what are "cautions covers"? Is that what I call window awnings?

lol I cant type.....Cushions covers
84 Class C Holiday Rambler
Mike - Navistar Instructor (1/01-12/09)
GM Instructor (12/09- Present)
Paula - Medical Transcriptionist

webpro
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the tire pressure, drained all old water, purified drained and partially filled again, put my camera and video equipment in, moved XM radio from pickup to MH, checked all vitals and ready to roll out Wednesday morning. Going to stop in Kansas and put a hydrogen fuel generator on it and continue on to Rocky Mountain National Park for picture and video taking of Elk.

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
I walked out to the storage area behind my house, and said "Hi Jambo"
it's still resting from the long haul last week.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Mike and Paula wrote:
โ€ข Removed cautions covers and washed them....

Looks nice but what are "cautions covers"? Is that what I call window awnings?
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Mike_and_Paula
Explorer
Explorer
Bump!

Mike_and_Paula
Explorer
Explorer
โ€ข Removed cautions covers and washed them.

Here some pic's
Before- this if from the PO

Here is the floor

Here is the outside

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Another busy day getting the C to fit us better :B

- Made a rear ladder flag pole by securing a 8' length of of EMT conduit to the rear ladder with heavy duty zip ties. Then cut a 10' PVC pipe into 2 5' sections and glued male threaded adapter on one section and female threaded to the other - so I can store them in pass through storage. On the end of one section I added a PVC cap and some small eye bolts 3' apart for the flag. About 4' down from top of conduit, I drilled through and put a 1/4" bolt & nut. I can slide the PVC right into the EMT and the 1/4" bolt stops it at perfect height for flag to drape down and not touch C roof.
- Installed a wire shelf the full length of cabinet above sink. The cabinet is about 22" tall. With shelf in place, we have about 12" on bottom and 10" on top. We're putting plastic cups, paper plates/bowls/etc. on top. Heavier casserole pans, coffee cups, etc. go on bottom.
- Using some tin snips performed surgery on some cutlery trays to fit the narrow drawers we have on C. We now have one drawer setup for plastic forks, spoons, straws, etc and one for a real set of flatware.
- Using hallow wall anchors, reattached fire extinguisher beside entry door. The standard white "RV" screws mfr used had pulled out of the thin paneling. The fire extinguisher had been riding in a magazine rack by the door.
- Culled through all the exterior and kitchen storage. When we bought C we had 2 days before a weekend trip and just kind of stuck stuff wherever we could get it to fit. Ended up pulling out some stuff from our tent camping days that we've been carrying around in totes in popup, 5'er and now C that we never use.
- Turned A/C on high, relaxed on couch and drank a cold beer while we planned menu for this weekend tailgate trip :B :B :B
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

johnbhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Parked under a pine tree; got downright noisy.

Accomplished something. I ripped out the old cab curtain tracks which are redundant with the cab cover.
-C&J-
www.fugawetribe.com

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot one thing...DW and I were sitting in cab and I made motor noises while she pointed out imaginary scenery :B
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 12v concetion fixed so the Air conditioner would run. Two days ago had a propane leak repaired. Yes its ALL fixed.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Went to nearby RV dealer and bought new shower and lavatory faucets. Didn't really like the ones that were in it and the shower hot handle would come off if twisted wrong. The originals were a brushed antique brass kind of color. We went with nice white ones. We plan on replacing the kitchen sink with a matched goose neck faucet. DW said the cash register was already ka-chinging too much for one day ๐Ÿ˜ž

Replaced 4 plastic cabinet door spring struts with new metal ones. One was broken. I'll probably replace the remaining 2 plastic ones later.

Also, pulled MH onto driveway and using a few bottle jacks got MH level and put on some Hoppy calibrated levels on exterior and small 1" levels in cab area.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Lord, this weekend was one of the most frustrating, BUT...it's done.
What did I do to my Class C today? I thanked it for doing what it did, when and where it did it.

What happened?

Everything is ready-I went to start it to take it from my shop to my house to get it ready for the long haul this week.

crank, crank.....crank......crank.... Hmmmm....no start.
it's been running fine, and starting every time for 2 months.
try it again.....still, nothing.

I check for spark. None.
Closer inspection shows me the two wiring harnesses that connect to the ignition module are completely corroded, exposed wires, very bad.

seems at some point in the RV's life, it had a master cylinder replaced. There was brake fluid rot all underneath it, and this factory harness with two pig-tails sits right there.

I removed the ignition module, and by-passed the two pig-tail connections to the module. I butt-spliced the harness to the module, and it fired right up.

Again, I thank my lucky stars it happened then, and not 250 miles down the road at a gas station.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Paid over $500.00 to have the entrance lock repaired at a CG when it locked me out!. Don't even ask why it cost so much.:R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.