cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What insurance companies cover high value motor homes?

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of insurance companies will cover RVs, but few will cover high value RVs (over $500,000) and even fewer will cover fulltimers in high value RVs. For example, Geico will not insure me.

It's time for my annual renewal with National Interstate (one of the few who insures high value MHs).

Do any of you know of an insurance company or agent that can quote me on a high value RV? Please only respond if you are sure your agent or company does this.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`
22 REPLIES 22

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Holstein13,

We insured with Miller Insurance. They may actually go through National Interstate too.

Miller Insurance Agency
Cheryl L. Howarth 800-622-6347
5805 SW Willow Lane Lake Oswego, OR 97035
cheryl@millerrvinsurance.com
http://www.millerrvinsurance.com
Miller Insurance Agency has the expertise to insure your Prevost with companies that know and understand Prevost Conversions.

We insured for $2M at $19K a year. Best price out of 3 companies that I checked.

MM.
That's a lot of money for an annual premium.

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
As with any insurance company, time changes everything. Full timer insurance also contains a "homeowner liability" contract so it's more expensive. Like MrMark, we carry large coverage amounts. However, I carry a $1k collision and $500 comp. deductibles. Also, when your rig reaches the magical 10 year mark, replacement coverage goes away and it becomes an agreed upon replacement amount, negotiated between you and the carrier...Dennis

Good info Dennis, I would like to emphasize get the agreed upon value in writing and be aware many insurance companies like to revalue at the time of a loss.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
As with any insurance company, time changes everything. Full timer insurance also contains a "homeowner liability" contract so it's more expensive. Like MrMark, we carry large coverage amounts. However, I carry a $1k collision and $500 comp. deductibles. Also, when your rig reaches the magical 10 year mark, replacement coverage goes away and it becomes an agreed upon replacement amount, negotiated between you and the carrier...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

tstryk
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Try Blue Sky RV Insurance

^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Geico would only give me a $10k deductible for about $2k a year, Blue Sky is $1k year with a $1k diminishing deductible.
2006 Holiday Rambler Scepter 40PDQ
2014 Ford Fiesta frog
Tucker the schnauzer, Buddy and Cooper the labs

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have Allied Insurance which is a subsidiary of Nationwide and have been pleased, purchased through Gilbert Insurance.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Sky at one point was very reasonable and had great service..Then they got greedy, very greedy....I ended up thru Miller..They wanted an increase of 900 bucks, and when I called, it was because they could (that's not a joke) and take it or leave it...No accidents no claims, so I left it...So have a lot of other people.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
What? Why won't these companies insure a "high value" RV or because you full time? I actually just switched to Geico and they were quite reasonable...ours is not a high value coach though. I would think writing a policy for a coach (any value) is a gift since they generally sit more than anything. I've had RV's for 20 years and never had a claim. Huh
I don't know. When I called Geico after replacing my coach, they politely told me they don't cover high value RVs and asked me to find insurance elsewhere.
`

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
What? Why won't these companies insure a "high value" RV or because you full time? I actually just switched to Geico and they were quite reasonable...ours is not a high value coach though. I would think writing a policy for a coach (any value) is a gift since they generally sit more than anything. I've had RV's for 20 years and never had a claim. Huh
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Holstein13, glad that it was a good contact.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
We insured with Miller Insurance. They may actually go through National Interstate too.

Miller Insurance Agency
Cheryl L. Howarth 800-622-6347
5805 SW Willow Lane Lake Oswego, OR 97035
cheryl@millerrvinsurance.com
http://www.millerrvinsurance.com
Miller Insurance Agency has the expertise to insure your Prevost with companies that know and understand Prevost Conversions.
I called them and they were able to reduce my price by $700 so far with one of National Interstate's other companies. Now they are looking at all my insurance to see what they can bundle and save on. This looks like a great contact. They do homes as well.
`

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We had National Interstate until 2 years ago. I wanted an agreed upon value policy. Their recommended appraiser knew nothing about Prevost's. My friend recommend FCIS Iowa Insurance. They gave me the policy I wanted and it was less expensive the National Interstate.

Their web site is:

http://www.fcisinsurance.com/
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

stevenicol
Explorer
Explorer
We have a $1 Million dollar personal liability policy, and our insurance company Mutual of Omaha offers large policies for RVs too.
Goof Luck!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
"We insured for $2M at $19K a year. Best price out of 3 companies that I checked."

Are you kidding me? I don't see that as a good price.

Not kidding. It was the best rate that we could find as a lot of companies don't insure for larger amounts.

Our policy will come due in November and I'll reevaluate and may go with liability only and self insure for the rest. The first year I wanted full coverage. We'll see what the new rate is in November.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
"We insured for $2M at $19K a year. Best price out of 3 companies that I checked."

Are you kidding me? I don't see that as a good price.